New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Help! Child Theme Broken with Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    flobaby

Just updated to latest theme and now I have this for my child theme, though Neighborhood is very much working.

“Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
    Name Description
    Neighborhood Child The parent theme is missing. Please install the “neighborhood” parent theme”

David Martin – Support

Can you add a WP login so I can take a look?

Thanks.

flobaby

What a mess that was. I had to restore from a backup, then lost all my widgets.

Please check the folder name of your update, it appears that was spelled incorrectly: neigborhood (without an “h”)

David Martin – Support

Thanks for reporting, we noted that and fixed it.

creatorofstuff

Gee, thanks for finding this, @flobaby! I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out why my site completely disappeared upon update.

Nearly every Neighborhood theme update brings – shall we say – adventures. (Last update my “product quick view” quit working. Feels like there’s always something.)

flobaby

Glad to help! I was kicking myself this morning for not waiting, as is my usual policy, for a new update to settle in before installing. Twas a swift reminder to wait it out in future (pun intended, hee)

No offense to you Swift Idea folks, btw, I love my theme like crazy. 🙂

creatorofstuff

Yes, I love the theme, too, and the support staff is super nice. But I have had my share of wierd things happen. So many things, in fact, that I finally created 2 test sites for the purpose of updating Neighborhood (and Woocommerce – haha) before doing it on my live site. That has saved some heartache. LOL.

And you are right. Waiting can be a very smart thing to do!

jackson25

where do you find this folder?

flobaby

It’s in wp-content/themes

jackson25

Mine says neighborhood which is correct, right? Why isn’t it working?

flobaby

Neighborhood is spelled neigHborhood, see that first “H”? It’s missing on the folder name, it says neigborhood. Put an H after the g.

flobaby

…lowercase H, of course “h”.

jackson25

Mine *does* have the ‘h’. I updated through the theme screen in the dashboard. The folder has the h when I look at the file structure in FTP.

flobaby

Ah, you must have updated after they fixed it then. In that case, I’ve no idea what’s going on with yours. What are you seeing error-wise? (I’m not customer support but maybe I can help)

jackson25

No error, but when I view the site it doesn’t see any of my markup – just a default-looking page like when you first install WordPress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register