New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Height of a 'Text Block (Full Width)'

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    eduturns

Try adding something like this in your custom css and use ptb2 as your only extra class (along with no-arrow, if you’d like). Play with the number if you want more or less space. I don’t know, hopefully it will work for you. That’s more or less how I’ve been controlling the height of most of my full width text blocks that have just a single line heading (h1 in my case).

}
    .ptb2 { /* Top & Bottom Padding 2em */
    	padding-top: 2em;
    	padding-bottom: 2em;
    }

LeadoutMedia

That worked perfectly, thanks a bunch!

UDS

I’m glad it worked for you but when I try it I don’t see any effect…

Some of the previous Custom CSS provided in this thread does let me adjust the height of the Text Block element but when I do the text isn’t centered vertically. When I use just the ptb2 CSS as you suggest, adjusted numbers or not, it seems to keep the default settings no matter what value I use.

Any thoughts on how I can reduce the height of the default Text Block element AND center the text vertically? From your description, it seems like ptb2 should be all that’s needed.

Thanks,

Russ

eduturns

@LeadoutMedia – That’s awesome. I’m happy to hear that it worked for you.

@UDS
    – First, full disclosure; I’m just a noob. The Swift guys knows a hell of a lot more than I do so definitely defer to them over any of my suggestions…

That seems odd that it had no effect whatsoever. My first thought is that maybe the WP Visual editor is the culprit. But I don’t think that’s logical because you would still see some sort of response from the custom css. In any case, here’s some things that may be worth checking/trying…

If you’re using the Visual editor, try switching over to the Text tab and enter your text directly in there. In my experience, using the Visual editor, as well as simply switching back and forth between the Visual/Text editor, often results in code/structure changes and/or &nbsp and <p> tags being thrown in all over the place – both of which either throw off the layout of your content, or completely break it so that it doesn’t display at all. So maybe try that out.

<h1 style="text-align: center;">KEY METRICS: A Look At Your F&I Performance</h1>

Ensure that your extra class is entered without the period. ptb2 -not- .ptb2

If you have more than one extra class, separate each with a single space – no commas.

Check your line height in the font size options. If it’s set much higher than the font size, try adjusting it down. My h1 is set at font size: 60px line height: 72px (just for reference). Also don’t think this seems very logical, but wouldn’t hurt to check.

Check your custom css for anything that could potentially be overriding the ptb2 code block. Good place to start might be by checking anything that you have declared !important.

Try disabling your plugins one-by-one, refreshing the page each time to check for a change in layout. Highly unlikely/probably impossible for a plugin to be the cause, as I would think you would be having issues with more than just that one element.

Well, I’m fresh out of ideas. I hope you’re able to get it figured out! Hopefully some/any of this is helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register