New Landing How can we help? Atelier Gravity Forms question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    frankjenex

We are rebuilding our site using Atelier (current site thikit.com uses Neighborhood). We have decided to completely rebuild from scratch on a temporary domain, and once it is complete, will transfer over the database customer-details/history only. We are really nervous about going this route, but cannot figure out an alternative. You guys had recommended that we build on top of our existing system and bulk delete the info, but we cannot test the plugins prior to launch because wpengine’s staging site will not allow plugins to function.
    So we are moving forward on this, if you guys have any insight that we are doing this all wrong, would love to hear your advice.

Gravity Form Question:
    Is it possible to tighten up the spacing between the items on a gravity form with some custom css (see screen shot).
    We want to model our product pages after your ‘Extended Product’ page on demo: http://swiftideas.com/product/padded-jacket/ and our Gravity Form is long so we are hoping to tighten it up quite a bit.

Also, we use ‘Gravity Forms Product-Add-Ons’ plugin which allows us to remove the main price so it can integrate the form with woocommerce. This plugin allows you to put custom text in place of where price would be. We are hoping to remove this item from the order page while still keeping it on the home page product thumbnails. If not possible, we are ok with completely removing it.

See screen shot for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

1) Site development/migration
    Just didn’t understand why the plugins don’t work on the staging site.

If I were you I would already try the export process from the live site(orders, customers, etc) and import in the staging site to check if nothing is lost in middle or if it doesn’t cause any complication.

I would work based over the production database copied to an development environment(it could be even outside WpEngine), it this I’m not saying it won’t work the other way.

2) Gravity Form Product Page
    Try the custom css below.

.gform_wrapper label.gfield_label+div.ginput_container {
        margin-top: -5px!important;
        height: 40px!important;
    }

3) Gravity Forms Product-Add-Ons
    Can you tell what is the page url and the block of information you want to remove

-Rui

frankjenex

Thanks for the feedback. I am working on a completely new site http://thktgraphics.wpengine.com/ – which is a domain that we purchased for temporary/testing.
    WP Engine told me that the staging site would not be able to have the plugins work – until i switch to live site. I will re-connect with them to make sure there is not a way we can get them to work on staging site.

GRAVITY FORM
    The particular URL that i am working on is http://thktgraphics.wpengine.com/start-your-order/kraft-100-recycled-business-cards/

I tried your custom css but it gave me an alert (see screen shot). I sent an email to Gravity Forms support – they gave me the following custom css:
    .gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    .gform_wrapper li.gfield select {
    margin-top: 0;
    }

This did tighten up the spacing on the dropdowns but there is still a lot of space i would like to tighten up between the description and the product title. If you look at our home page we like that the word “Kraft” is showing up on thumbnail, but we would like to remove it from the order page. Also attached is screen shot showing the field where we enter ‘kraft’ it is part of Gravity Forms Product Add-ons plugin. Third attach shows our home page where you can see the field “Kraft” showing up on white box – where price usually goes. We would like to keep this on home page but remove on order page. Hope that makes sense, let us know if any of this is possible.

Thank you very much –
    Frank
    =

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi, sure please use this CSS:

1) “tighten up between the description and the product title”: Please add this CSS

.summary-top {
        margin-bottom: 20px!important;
    }

.product-price-wrap {
        margin-bottom: 10px!important;
    }

2 Hide the term “Kraft” on product page

.woocommerce div.product .summary h3.price { display: none; }

Thanks,
    David.

JackV

BTW, From a UX prespective I would suggest using gf_left_half & gf_right_half CSS classes on the forms as it looks like a long form by having the dropdowns all be full width + it pushes the add to cart button down below the fold.

https://www.gravityhelp.com/css-ready-classes-for-gravity-forms/

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks for the input @JackV

frankjenex

Thanks for all the help with this topic and thanks to @JackV for the advice on styling the GF – it worked out nicely.
    I may need some additional help with styling the form but will mark this as resolved.
    Thanks for the great theme and great support!
    Frank

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Glad it’s sorted. Thanks for your kind words.
    -Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register