New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Grab Image from Featured image for Standard Blog display?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    jasonwhat

Hi,

I’m using Flexform in the hub of a WP multisite install with sitewide tags plugin that pulls in a version of each post for display. However, if I don’t use the php get thumbnail or featured image plugin, I have to manually add an image in flexform for each post.

How can I change templates so a resized version of the featured image or the thumbnail shows by default if no thumbnail is selected in the swiftform blog post interface?

How do I include <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Our theme is already using featured images for posts. Not sure how that plugin pulls in and displays posts though… Also, every post would obviously need a featured image set in order for the function you mentioned to work.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

razorfrog

The blog overview pages do not use featured thumbnails – they use the custom meta “Post thumbnail type”. I have a blog with 2000+ posts and am not going to manually edit every one – what do you suggest to switch to your non-standard system?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@razorfrog – the system is set up to use the featured image if no custom meta image is set. We may need to alter the code a little if you don’t have the meta for each post set to show an image. What page builder asset are you using?

– Ed

razorfrog

The featured images are currently not showing up on the all posts pages, so something isn’t working correctly. The custom meta fields have not been set for my 2000 posts since they only appear after updating/re-saving the post. I can’t go and update every single post manually for obvious reasons.

Not sure what you mean about which page builder asset. They’re just Posts.

I’ve been looking into bulk editing the custom fields to add sf_thumbnail_type : image. Would something like that work?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes, something like that would definitely work, or we can workaround to use image as standard if nothing is set.

Ok, can you provide a link to your posts page so that we can check what your setup is and provide a solution instead of the bulk update?

– Ed

razorfrog
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Just to confirm. Are they not showing on the index page, or the detail post page?

– Ed

razorfrog

Neither are showing unless I re-save the post.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I can’t seem to access the admin panel for your site? Could you let me know the details so that I can take a look at the admin area?

Thanks,

– Ed

razorfrog

How do I best send that information privately?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

If you write a reply and check the “Set as private reply” checkbox then it will only be visible to moderators.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

If you write a reply and check the “Set as private reply” checkbox then it will only be visible to moderators.

– Ed

catmatch

Hello,

I am having the same issue as razorfrog. I have thousands of posts and my featured image is not showing up by default for any of them. I would prefer the suggested fix of using “image” as the default post thumbnail type.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,
    Jason

razorfrog
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register