New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint GOOGLE MAPS SHOWING INACCURATE LOCATION

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Sarah Metzger

Hello,

My site is here: http://www.theulelaw.com/contact/

I used the swift page builder to add a google map for this location: 2445 Fifth Avenue, Suite 330 San Diego, CA 92101

The address was entered properly into swift page builder but the map shows somewhere in Africa.

Can you please help?

Thank you,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We’ve just pushed an update to fix this, you will be able to update via your dashboard shortly.

– Ed

AuthenticUK

Hi Sarah, has this resolved after updating the theme on your website?

-J

Sarah Metzger

Hi J,

Sorry if this is dense but how do I update the latest theme without losing my customizations?

Thank you,

AuthenticUK

Hi Sarah – It depends what the customisation is. This is an issue we’ve raised with supporta while ago – you can use a child theme – and they’ve included one in the latest theme updates files.

Until the child theme works correctly, it’s a manual job ๐Ÿ™

Make a note of the customisations, update then reapply – not ideal.

See http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-child-theme-pros-cons/ for pros and cons.

Bw
    J

Sarah Metzger

Hi,

Thank for your reply — agreed this isn’t ideal. If I go into FTP and add the new theme folder in place of the old one will my customizations be lost?

And by customizations do you mean all the customizations I made on the Swift Themes Appearance section or just custom CSS (which is easy copy and paste)?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sarah,

You will lose only changes you made directly to theme files, in our code (for example, via Appearance/Editor).

Theme options (including Color Customizer and Custom CSS) will not be lost if you hit update from the dashboard.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register