New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Google Maps displaying wrong place

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Paak

Hi,
    I used the Swift Page builder (love it BTW!!!) to add a google map to my page. The image shown is not the address I want, but I think a default place (on the ecuator in the middle of the ocean…!). When you click on the red google marker, it takes yoy to the right map though.
    Any suggestions?

I tried browsing the answers, but every time I put in my purchase verification code, nothing happens!

Cheers!

Syndicator

Hi all I have the exact same issue.

This has appeared in the last week or so, as it was working fine before this.

Has google changed their API and Pinpoint theme needs updating?

I’m only in dev right now, but clearly an issue. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Simon

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi guys,

We got this on another theme as well, so the team is aware of it. I’ll make sure to let Ed know about this thread, most likely an update is needed for the theme.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

chryseis

Hi,

I have the same problem as well, when do you think it could be fixed because my client wants her website to be online soon and I don’t know what to do with that problem…

Kind regards

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Found out the controls issue is due to some css in the bootstrap framework. Try adding this to the custom css box within theme options to fix it:

.map-canvas img {
    	max-width: none;
    }

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

To fix the map location, edit functions.php function on line 566, change to:

function map_embed($address) {
    	    if (!is_string($address))die("All Addresses must be passed as a string");

$address = str_replace(" ", "+", $address); // replcae all the white space with "+" sign to match with google search pattern

$url = "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/geocode/json?sensor=false&address=$address";

$response = file_get_contents($url);

$json = json_decode($response,TRUE); //generate array object from the response from the web

$_coords['lat'] = $json['results'][0]['geometry']['location']['lat'];
    	    $_coords['long'] = $json['results'][0]['geometry']['location']['lng'];

return $_coords;
    	}

– Ed

dave myatt

Hi Ed, my maps coming up without the map-looks like it’s the same issue outlined here-where do I find the functions.php and view it line by line?

Does line 566 need deleting and replacing with the code stated in this string?

Sorry if my request is a bit basic but I’m sure there’s many others who would appreciate a full step by step method of fixing this.

Your theme is great for non-coding, non-techies (like me!) but it gets a bit scary when I see a coding fix without the full explanation……

Thanks for providing excellent support BTW.

Dave

AuthenticUK

Hi Guys,

I’ve posted this issue as a new item by mistake. Please delete my other post – sorry.

AuthenticUK

Also agree with Dave’s comment – non techies will be stressing at this ‘fix’ Are you able to put this into a theme update asap. Maps functionality is very important for any website.

I’ve just made these changes to funtions.php and the theme CSS in general settings. They are not working. Please investigate again?

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Im hoping to get this into a hotfix update this evening, that you’ll be able to update too via the dashboard.

Im not sure where you’re going wrong, as I’ve tested this personally. Could you try with a new maps asset and cleared cache?

– Ed

AuthenticUK

Hi

Just following your instructions – copied and pasted code as directed…

-J

artefaktos3d

Hi Ed.

Thanks for you help. I put the code in the functions.php, line 920 😉

What file I should rewrite the css to repare the controls issue?

thanks

Oook!!! in the theme options, Sorry. it’s now ok! 😉

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Update has been uploaded, should be in your dashboard shortly.

– Ed

dave myatt

Ed

Thank you very much indeed-stellar support again-worked like a dream…now if only the twitter folks could sort out their broken feed as seamlessly!!!! (Their support is crazy)

Dave

AuthenticUK

Hi, sorry this didn’t work for me! Theme updated but Google Maps still broken….Only one of the maps is displaying correctly – http://www.authentic-representation.com/portfolio/kololo-game-reserve/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register