New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Google does not index site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    margarita

Hi there,
    We are running into a lot of issues with Google. We have tried different things since we launched the site (about a month and half ago) and Google is still not indexing the site.

First, it was penalized by Google because of repeated content due to WP taxonomies. We fixed it by cleaning some content and by using WordPress SEO by Yoast. It looks better now and it doesn’t report anything wrong or any penalties; however, Google still hasn’t indexed it.

We have also asked Google to crawl (Webmaster Tools and public tool).

Have you have this problem before with this theme? Could you please help us find out what in the theme is now letting Google index the site.

Here is the URL: http://www.therealbanff.com

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

This isn’t theme related, it’s related to your content and what you wrote there. We can’t help with Google rankings and indexing issues because of improper usage of content such as taxonomies.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

margarita

Thanks for you prompt response.

We don’t think is content related nor the taxonomies (we already looked into that). We also don’t want help with Google rankings (we understand how that works too). We had the same content before with a different theme and Google was able to index it. We are wondering if the theme’s markup may be creating problems with Google. One of the reasons we used this theme is because of what your site said about the theme’s SEO:

“SEO Optimization
    Supreme has been developed with the best SEO practices in mind. It features semantic & valid HTML which makes it easy for search engines to index the content of your site. The theme has been structured to ensure that important content always has precedent over less important content, and heading tags have been used in accordance with guidelines. You are also free to use any SEO plugins you like!”

The child theme we created did not modify your templates. We just used CSS and the page builders for the look and feel.

We appreciate any insights you may have.

Thanks

kindtrepreneur

Hi, I can’t remember when my website:kindtrepreneur.me was finally Google-indexed, but I know just like yours it was not indexed that quick. At first, I thought it was theme related but 2 months after I was happy since my target keywords brought my site to either first or second ranking. This theme is great. And I am also using Yoast SEO plug-in since it works perfectly with this theme. Today, I use fetch as Google (webmaster tools) after posting an article and after 3-5 seconds I can see the article gets indexed.

I hope this helps.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Indeed, you need to have patience for it to index the site. There’s no problem with the theme markup, as you can see from the quote in our description.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register