New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Gap between slider & content

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    this_is_gav

Hi,

1) I’m starting to build my site now, and the homepage is coming together, but I’ve got a large gap between the slider (Revolution Slider) and the start of the content.

That’s not an issue if I use your post’s carrousel, (as here), as you’d want a gap, but I need to start with a scrolling banner, and obviously that makes the gap appear larger (see here).

Is there a way to reduce the gap between the header and content for a page?

2) Also, on my test site (plain theme install with the dummy data) and my dev site, when I click the magnifying glass for the search, the background is white, with white text, so you can’t see where to type or what you’re typing (image here). Your demo site has the background colour in a dark grey. Where do I change the colours for the search?

3) And one small issue which may be out of your control, when you edit a page built using another theme the page ignores settings such as displaying the page title or which slider to use, so if you untick the page title and save the page, the page title changes sets itself back to display. You can change this in the theme options, but it then affects every page. New pages created with your theme don’t have this issue. Hopefully it’s not a big issue (I hope it doesn’t affect posts, as I’ve got 286 of them!), but it’s a niggle.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Gav,

1) If you check the page meta options, you’ll see a remove top spacing option – that will remove the spacing.

2) You can set the page background colour in the colour customiser (link in the WP Admin Bar).

3) We’re looking into this, would really appreciate it if you could provide a link/login to your site and I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks,

– Ed

this_is_gav
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Gav,

2) Fixed this for the next update, thanks. For now use the following custom css:

body {
    background: #222;
    }

3) Thanks for the details.. I’ve known of this issue for quite a while, but never been able to found a fix – I might just have it now. Can you do a quick check for me and see if everything is ok on old posts?

Thanks,

– Ed

this_is_gav

2) Thanks for the code, which I’ve added to the theme options, but it’s all still white (I’ve highlighted the text to show it’s actually there, otherwise it’s invisible)

3) Did you make any changes to the site? Pages, the title option is still resetting itself back to whatever the theme options setting is (unticked in my case, otherwise my new home page will have a title!). Posts, after I update a post, the option in the backend does stay as what I set it at, but it has no effect on the front end (the title is always shown).

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@this_is_gav – would you be able to contact me via the contact form on this page please, asap – http://themeforest.net/user/SwiftIdeas

It’s regarding #3, and will help me to resolve it quicker!

Thanks,

– Ed

this_is_gav

Done. 🙂

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks, will keep you updated.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@this_is_gav – just wanted to let you know that the old page saving issue is now fixed. Can you check it out and let me know that all is ok now?

– Ed

this_is_gav

Thanks, it is fixed for pages, but posts are resetting themselves to always show the title.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you send me a link to an example post so that I can check?

– Ed

this_is_gav
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Gav, looking into this!

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok, so very stupidly there are actually two show page title fields in the post meta options. I’ve removed the extra one for the next update, but for now if you make sure both are set to the same then it will work.

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register