New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Galleries option suddenly vanished from admin panel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Lufoto

The galleries option is suddenly gone from my admin panel. The galleries themselves are present on the website and I still can select them in the page builder with the gallery asset.
    Trying to access the gallery panel via direct URL (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=galleries) WP returns “invalid type of content” (own translation).
    Since the Gallery-Option is introduced by this theme, I hope you can help me with that.
    Knowing that such things do not happen by themselves, here are the last things I did on my page:
    – Installed Google Analytics Addon (tried deactivating, no effect)
    – Updated Demo Content Importer (tried deactivating, no effect)
    – Installed a redirection script in a galerien.lufoto.de subdomain. This subdomain is the German translation of galleries and when WP internally translates the gallery handlers than this might mess something up. Seems like a long shot but since the name is related I thought I mention it.
    Here is the code enclosed in a .htaccess-file enclosed in the script:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /galerien/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?r=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

</IfModule>

I don’t understand what this actually “rewrites” but the last line seems suspicious to me.

Can you help me with that?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Lufoto

First I would suggest disabling any active plugins, to see if the gallery menu shows again. The fact that you can still view them on the website points to in being a backend issue.

Then i’d suggest clearing your htaccess file.

This is definitely something that either a plugin has caused, or something you’ve changed.

– Ed

Lufoto

Disabling all plugins didn’t help.
    I also restored the complete webspace contents including permissions of the time where I did not have that issue yet but it persisted. So I suppose something in the database must have been messed up.
    Currently making an backup to try a fresh wp install.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Let me know how you get on!

– Ed

Lufoto

I reinstalled WP and restored the backups. The galleries panel was there until I restored the database. So I would say the error must be somewhere in there.
    I will now reinstall it again and only restore some contents manually.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register