New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Future plans for flexform & upgrading from flexform to another swift ideas theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Bitedge

Hi guys, I would appreciate an answer from Ed on this.

How much longer do you think Flexform will be maintained and supported? What are the plans?

Flexform can no longer hold http://www.bitedge.co/odds-comparison/nba/ becasue if the inflexable and out of date bootstrap 2 grid. The newest swif idea theme is a year old and I believe based on the already out of date bootstrap 3.

What are the plans for new themes this year?

Would their be any benefit upgrading from flexform to another swift ideas theme? Like would the shortcodes still work?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Flexform will continue to be supported so that it still works, however it’s unlikely that there will be any major updates (for e.g changing to bootstrap 3) as it’s one of our older theme’s and it does not make sense for us to rebuild flexform rather than create new themes. We do have plans for future themes, but unfortunately I can not give much information on this just yet.

Please read http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/upgrading-to-atelier-cardinal/ about upgrading to the newer themes

– Kyle

Bitedge

That link about upgrading between Flexform themes is very interesting! I have tested upgrading from Flexform to non-Swiftideas themes and it makes my site a half broken mess that needs several hours of configuring the new theme to fix.

After doing the process in that link with an export and import of theme options how different would a site look on the front end? How much stuff would break and how much work would be needed configuring the new theme? I am thinking of menu and widths and fonts etcetera

If Swiftideas releases a new multipurpose theme on bootstrap 4 with fluide/variable full width and a well functioning upgrade process from Flexform this year I will buy it for sure 🙂

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Sorry, I thought you meant updating to one of our newer themes, not a theme by another author. Obviously our shortcodes will not work on another theme

– Kyle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.