New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Full-width single portfolio item, description at the bottom

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    tukancheez

Hello,
    the theme is very nice editable, love this feature in Cardinal. I wanted to edit it myself not to import demo, to learn how the theme works, mainly the builder.

I would like to ask for help with the following questions:

1.) How is it possible to set single portfolio page into full-width? Like it’s in the demo “Personal One”, as the portfolio item “Iconic media”, easily to have the description (client, date) at the bottom?

2.) I would like to have “Latest work” as it’s in the “Personal One” demo on the page HOME. I can’t figure out which Page-builder Element I need to use to have 3 latest items with the button that directs into the portfolio page?

3.) How can I easily make the footer look like in Personal One demo, the look with social icons and ability to forward client to some form about an order (like project planner). I saw it inside the demo, it was made with text field and code, but I dont wanna import the demo because its more work to re-edit and I primarily I wanted to understand the theme. Could you please send me that code?

Thank you for the help.

Regards
    Honza

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Great! Glad you are learning the theme on your own.

1) You can use ‘standard’ for the media size on the portfolio item, this is the option we use on Iconic Media (see screenshot)

2) We used the ‘portfolio’ page builder asset, you can see the options we used in the screenshots attached

3) What we did was turn off the copyright footer, set the main footer as 1 column, then added this code to a text widget in the Footer Column 1 area:

<div style="text-align: center;width: 500px;max-width: 80%;margin: 60px auto;">
    [social size="large"]
    <h2 style="color: #444;margin: 40px 0;">Ready to start a new project? </h2>
    <p>[sf_button colour="accent" type="sf-icon-reveal" size="large" link="project-planner" target="_self" icon="ss-compose" dropshadow="no" extraclass="mr0"]OPEN THE PROJECT PLANNER[/sf_button]</p>
    </div>

<div style="text-align: center;width: 500px;max-width: 80%;margin: 30px auto;font-size: 12px;">
    ยฉ[the-year] Cardinal ยท Built with love by Swift Ideas using [wp-link].
    </div>

Hope that helps!

– Kyle

tukancheez

Hi Kyle,

thank you for the quick reply. The status now is as below:

1.) Didn’t help. I’ve switched it to the Standard, no change.

I guess there is a problem with file or image operation due to the file restrictions on the server, what right do I need to set and on what files? 775, 777? Check out my Wordress, it behaves really strange with the image cropping (attached screenshot). I’ve never seen this before. Maybe I should change the file rights on some javascripts? Any hint, idea what might be causing this?

I can share my login details if you dont have any idea, just to take a look.

2.) Perfect. Works fine now.

3.) Works perfectly. Only one question more, how can I make the form “Project planner” to set my own questions. Do I need to use the Contact 7 plugin? Thanks for any help.

Honza

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

1) Please could you provide the link to the portfolio item and let me know what the issue is?

2) Great!

3) Yes you need to use contact form 7

– Kyle

tukancheez
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

You have added all of the images within the content area, you need to use the Detail Media Options. for a single image use ‘image’ for multiple images you can use a standard slider (see screenshot)

– Kyle

tukancheez

Kyle, thanks for the explanation.

What if I would like to have it full-width with 30 top images lined up in this order:
    first image
    second image
    third image
    fourth image
    etc.

(small gaps between pics).

and the description + social sharing in the end (behind images).

No slider option.

How can I achieve this look?

Honza

Kyle – SUPPORT

Select ‘none’ for the detail media. Then use the page builder ad simply add single image assets one after the other

– Kyle

tukancheez

Its not working, when I make it like you have written, its shows me the pictures twice. Dunno why?
    Anyway, that solution is too slow, and little bit too complicated,… 30 pics upload one by one? I suppose there is definitely a better way how to do it or possibly code it into the future updates.

The only solutions that works for me now (both use the content area, that is not right I guess):

1) to use it NOT full-width with the description on the right side, pics uploaded inside the content area.
    BTW: Would love to see the description details flowing down when you scroll down (feature request) – small tip: WordPress theme – “The Bridge” has it – feel free to check it out.

2) to use it full-width without the description, uploaded into the content area. If I check in Portfolio Meta, “Hide item details bar” it shows it full.

Thanks anyway for the help, I will wait for some future update, or maybe I will find the solution. For now, I am little bit tired and need a rest. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honza

Kyle – SUPPORT

Just checking this with the developer, bare with me

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @tukancheez,

I would say the best way to display so many images, would be to create a gallery in the Galleries post type. Then you could simply add in the gallery page builder shortcode to the item and output them all in your desired layout.

The issue with layout you are having is because the details is enabled. Just figuring out a solution to this to display them below in case of the page builder being used.

I’ll happily send over this fix if you’d like it sooner than the next update.

– Ed

tukancheez

Hello Kyle and Ed,

thanks for the great support. I’m really looking forward finding the solution.
    Yeah, this is important to me, so if its possible to send it sooner, I will be very happy!
    I plan to upload the rest of my portfolio.

I will update the version to 1.02, when I will be at home.

tukancheez

I have updated the theme into version 1.02.

After checking the solution with the gallery. I personally like how easily I can upload the pics, but there are still minor things that would suit better for me:

1.) the pics weren’t so far away from the sidebar, on my iMac 27 the gap between sidebar and pics is quite big.(screenshot attached). You can also check it here: http://www.honzakadlec.cz/portfolio/david-a-pavla/ Dont know how does it look on smaller size screens?

To be honest, the option with the description at the bottom still wins. From the demo Personal One, Iconic media portfolio item with the same layout and multiple images will be the best. + Lightbox feature for a single image will be an extra bonus to this.

I know you are able to code it for some future updates. Still I must admit that you are one of the best guys with the support (will write down my feedback soon). I have bought plenty of themes, about 40 on Themeforest but you rock guys! You got one of the best supports I have a chance to work with. Very happy about this. ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Did you email me so that I can send you over the latest build? (v1.02 auto-update doesn’t include the fix for this). If not, send me an email via: http://themeforest.net/user/swiftideas and I’ll send it right over ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register