New Landing How can we help? Atelier Full Screen video IE bug with close button

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    eternalbeta

I’ve put in place some custom CSS to remove the padding around the full screen video to take it back to being actual full width as it was in Dante. However, in IE, the YouTube video player now covers the close button rather than it staying on top as it should/does in Chrome/Firefox. I actually just went back to check a site I have built in Dante and it appears to now be happening there as well. I wonder if this is due to some recent change in IE or YouTube.

Thanks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Its working perfect at my side so please check with another device and after clear the cache of your browser.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

eternalbeta

Ive now tried IE on 4 different computers, all with the same result of not being able to see the close button. Cleared the cache in IE on each machine and all plugins are disabled aside from swift framework. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

What version of IE? I am testing this now and cannot replicate, the close icon is visible.

– David.

eternalbeta

I’ve tested using IE11 on a few different machines. I do notice the difference that Firefox and Chrome are using the HTML5 player and IE11 seems to be using the flash player.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Manage to replicate it in my laptop with IE11 and it’s loading the flash player over the modal.
    Will check with our head developer what can be done.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Adding &wmode=transparent to the video url will sort it.
    So the final url will be http://www.youtube.com/embed/w9u5Liyi6EU?autoplay=0&wmode=transparent

Can you provide admin access to confirm it?
    Thanks

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Don’t need anymore the access, I tried a few things and got the solution.

Add this code below to the functions.php of your child theme

function sf_atelier_Youtube_extra_params() {
    		return '?autoplay=1&wmode=transparent';
    	}
    	add_filter('sf_youtube_embed_src_params', 'sf_atelier_Youtube_extra_params');

Hope it helps.

-Rui

eternalbeta

Thanks Rui, this actually worked perfectly for me. Any idea if this is going to be fixed in a future theme update?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem.Glad it’s sorted.

This is only happening in your site due to the padding changes in the child theme style.css .If you remove it that css it will look like this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lchnhteaq1duc2/Screenshot%202015-07-30%2012.01.38.png?dl=0

The screenshot is from chrome but it’s the same in IE.

-Rui

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.