New Landing How can we help? Atelier Free Badge Bug

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

The “FREE” badge is displaying on the product page and thumbnails for products with no price. In WooCommerce if a product has no price, not a $0 price, then it’s a “catalog only/not for sale” item. The add to cart and wishlist buttons don’t display which is correct, but the free badge should not be displayed.

Thanks,
    Terry

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

The Catalog mode in Woocommerce it’s applied globally and not per product basis, altough when you have a product with no price it’s not supposed to show the free badge.

Check if that product has any variation with price 0 because I tested in mine an it’s not showing the free badge.

-Rui

terrysmith

There is a global catalog mode but individual products with an empty price should be in “catalog mode” as well. You can google this to verify.

The product that I was referring to does not have variations.

I created a new product and set nothing on it but the name and assigned a category (the price is empty by default) and the New badge displays. What did you do in your test to make the New badge disappear so you could test the Free badge?

I’m currently testing this functionality because half of my website will be for sale items and half will be catalog items, and I need to ensure that it will all work. So far it looks like the buy button and price are hidden everywhere they need to be on the catalog items.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I placed the price to 0 and it shows up the Free badge, when I cleared the value leaving it empty the Free badge was gone. Also tested with Twenty 15, try to make this same test with Twenty 15.

Let me know the result probably will need admin access and the url of the product.

-Rui

terrysmith
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Try clearing your cache

– Kyle

terrysmith

Clearing the cache didn’t change anything.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

will check it now.
    -Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

couldn’t replicate my situation that was working so took a look at the code and needed to change an if statement to verify if the returned price was zero. Only in those situations the free badge appears now.

I added the modified function to the bottom of the functions.php of your child theme.
    Will revise this code with Ed so we can send it in the next update(no ETA at the moment).

Check again your product without price.

-Rui

terrysmith

Yes, it’s working now. Thank you Rui!

Terry

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad it’s sorted.
    -Rui

terrysmith

The changelog for release 1.6 says that this is fixed: “Fixed issue with free badge showing when no price is set”. However, I removed the replacement for sf_woo_product_badge() in my functions.php that you guys added and the bug reappears. I know this is low priority. I would just like to keep my custom code as minimal as possible. My theme version is 1.6 and the plugin version is 1.4.

Terry

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I see this is not yet fixed, will report to the developer

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies – was some confusion over the fix. Have definitely resolved it now.

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register