New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Font Control

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    jb0063

I have uploaded 3 additional custom fonts via Font Control.
    Nord-bold.otf
    Nord-light.otf
    Nord-medium.oft

I have specified Nord Bold as Menu Font in Theme Options>Font Options, however font displayed is still demo content font, not Nord Bold.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

When I go to your font options they are all set to Open Sans or Old Standard http://d.pr/i/19e6s/3xU4YH2a

– Kyle

jb0063

Look all the way at the bottom of Font Options where Menu Font is specified. It is set to “Nord Bold”, but menue font does not display as “Nord Bold”. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer for you

– Kyle

hellobuck

Hi there,

First post for me (ever…). I love the look of cardinal, but I have 5 questions, mostly and most acutely about using custom fonts. Hope it’s ok to post here.

1. Should I be using the cardinal theme or the cardinal child-theme? I’ve now only uploaded the first. I’m building my site off-line using MAMP on my mac.

2. I have added two .ttf files in font control, which are essential because they relate to my company logo. This went fine. But they don’t show up in the dropdown menu’s in font options. I want to use one of these fonts in my page-menu. I should also be able to change the text color and size, should I opt for a dark menu background-color.

3. I want to use the other added custom font on my home page swift slider. I don’t see an option anywhere to adjust the font on the slider. I found a topic about this very problem, but I wouldn’t know where exactly to paste any css…

4. I just watched a ‘learn css in 12 minutes’ video by a 12yo on youtube, which was disconcerting. Is this going to be a deal breaker for me, when using this theme? I could spend a few days on learning, but my site does have to go live in a month. Is this possible or am I in real trouble here? Tutorials?

5. The cardinal demo states that it was built with SEO in mind and that search engines love cardinal. I don’t see any SEO input options (keywords, description etc) in the theme however, and I’m worried that as a result my site won’t be as effective in this regard, as my current site is. Moreover, the SEO topic is empty on the swift ideas website… Just a pretty picture won’t bring me any customers, so please tell me not to worry about this critical aspect.

Kind regards, Bart

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please open a new thread for your questions, and please split the questions up into different threads so it’s easier for us to answer. Thanks

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register