New Landing How can we help? Atelier [Feedback/Suggestion] Cart Page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    kyzcreig

This is such a good theme fellas, really A+ work. So, on the cart page the “calculate shipping” widget feels a bit like an orphan.

Is there any option to move the cart total down below the cart so they’re next to each other? This would be a better eye flow for the user.

I see a lot of themes do it that way e.g.

kyzcreig

Bug:

Also it’s the darndest thing. Sometimes the radio button for the first shipping option doesn’t work, when you’re switching between them repeatedly. The label still works, so you can click that but not sure most folks would think to do that.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

That can be done, however it would require you to make the modifications yourself to the template: atelier/woocommerce/cart/cart.php.

Regarding the reported bug, if you activate Twenty16, does the issue still happen?

Thanks.

kyzcreig

Re: bug. It’s just me. I’ve discovered it has something to do with the StayFocused Chrome plugin. Not sure what’s up but it’s causing weirdness suddenly.

kyzcreig

Would the changes to the template be complicated? I know C/PHP so I can figure it out if so.

David Martin – Support

Not overly complicated, you would need to change the templates and the foundation column classes and it may require some additional CSS.

Thanks,
    David.

kyzcreig

Well, I’m convinced it would be a good option to have. The cross-sell products show up down there and are easily missed otherwise.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback @kyzcreig – we will consider this.

– Ed

kyzcreig

Thanks for considering it Ed. I may as well pass this along while I have your ear.

Woothemes has a slick design for their cart totals:

You click “calculate shipping” and the shipping rate widget rolls out:

Source: http://demo.woothemes.com/storefront/cart/
    (you’ll need to add something to your cart)

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@kyzcreig – that is the default structure for the cart page, we just choose to adjust it as we feel that the design works better. I can see that an option to revert to default would likely be helpful to some, so we’ll see what we can do.

Thanks,

– Ed

kyzcreig

Well I trust your design sense Ed, I’m sure you’ll settle on the right decision.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register