New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood featured products slider shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    midnite

Hello, i have a Featured Products slider on the home page set up using the site builder. it currently defaults to sorted by price of products, low to high. i want to be able to set the order they are showed on the slider. on the woocommerce site it says that can be done by setting the shortcode parameter orderby=”menu_order”. on the sitebuilder edit screen that option isn’t available, the other options woocommerce talks about are their however. i tried manually adding it through the classic editor here:

[spb_products title=”Featured Products” asset_type=”featured-products” carousel=”yes” product_size=”standard” item_count=”8″ width=”1/1″ orderby=”menu_order” el_position=”first last”]

but it doesn’t work. menu order is set on each product’s page under the advanced tab – menu order. the default is 0. according to woocommerce, if i set the menu order on my product pages and add orderby=”menu_order” to the shortcode it should work. it also says that the default setting is orderby=”date”, but on this neighborhood theme the default appears to be “price”?

can you guys check on your demo if you’re able to change the featured products slider’s order to menu_order?

here’s a reference (a little past the middle)
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

unfortunately i can’t provide login info at this time per client’s request, so i’m looking more for a confirmation if orderby=”menu_order” works on the neighborhood theme’s featured product shortcode.

thanks,

midnite

Here’s another article about the “orderby” parameter that appears to be missing in the sitebuilder editor:

http://theitbros.com/how-to-set-featured-products-in-woocommerce/

thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

They shouldn’t be ordered by price, they should be ordered by latest? If you want to change the order install Post Types Order plugin

– Kyle

midnite

Hey Kyle, thanks for the quick reply. I installed the plugin you suggested and it worked like a charm. I actually didn’t even re-arrange from the plugin, i think just having its “auto sort” checked overrided the default and allowed the orderby=”menu_order” to take effect. Thanks again!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

– Kyle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register