New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood featured image disappeared from blog post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    creatorofstuff

I don’t know how this happened, but I just noticed that the featured image from this post (the link provided under site info, above) has disappeared! It used to display just fine. I tried resetting the featured image on the post edit page. Nothing. I tried uploading the image again to the media library and using that version. Nothing. I looked via ftp to make sure the image is actually there on the server, which it is.

What on Earth could have happened?

Incidentally, an image on my home page disappeared recently, too, but I was able to upload it and reattach the new version successfully. The only thing I can imagine that could have caused both of these issues is that I did recently update to 3.16, but because it messed up my image carousel, I uploaded 3.15 again. But that is strange. Why would only two random images stop working?

Please help!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    creatorofstuff
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can I try it myself to see if I found any additional info?

-Rui

creatorofstuff
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you contact your host and ask them to provide you with an error log. That should help to shed some light on why this image is returning a 404: https://sassypantsdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fashion_show-2.jpg

Can you confirm this image has been uploaded to your server?

Can you also add your FTP details for us?

Cheers,
    David.

creatorofstuff
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you add your FTP details?

Have you tested this with all plugins disabled also?

Please also update your parent theme: https://sassypantsdesign.com/wp-admin/themes.php.

Thanks,
    David.

creatorofstuff

Yes, I have. That makes no difference.

As for updating the theme, I am not going to update until this issue is fixed, as the problem affected my site, too:

A lot of spacing after the products carousels after update to 3.16

🙁

David Martin – Support

Hi,

That issue is fixed in the last update

Can you add your FTP details so I can investigate your image issue?

– David.

creatorofstuff
    David Martin – Support

I cannot login with those details.

Any status on my other request: Can you contact your host and ask them to provide you with an error log.

Cheers,
    – David.

creatorofstuff
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The only way I can get this to show is to re-select the image in the post meta options. https://sassypantsdesign.com/stacy-and-amys-excellent-adventure/

Your FTP inform me that the login details are wrong.

I am not entirely sure how I can further provide an explanation as to the cause, I have not see this happen before – have you recently migrated the site or recently added the https?

Cheers,
    David.

creatorofstuff

Wow! You got it to work!

I tried fiddling around with the post meta, too, but I couldn’t get anything to work. That is a new version of the image that I uploaded (the old one would not work, even though it was sitting on the server). But I couldn’t get the new image to show as the featured image either. Somehow you did. Thank you! I wish I knew what the problem was.

No, I have not migrated the site, nor did I recently add https. Nothing is new. The only thing I did was update the theme to 3.16, but the product carousel looked funky with too much space below it so I loaded 3.15 again until you added a fix (3.17).

Thanks so much for working with this. I wish I understood what happened, but I’m very happy it’s working now.

(Sorry about FTP. I have no idea why it said those details were wrong.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register