New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante featured image and excerpt not displayed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jacques

Hi,
    My website (not finished) was developped with another theme and I switched to dante recently. I use the wpml plugin.

1. problem with the featured images :
    a. not displayed on single post. I have to edit the post, publish it again and then, the featured image is displayed correctly on the single post page.
    b. not displayed at all with the element “blog”… but all featured images are displayed correctly with elements “recent-posts” or “blog-carrousel”.
    2. problem with excerpt
    When I don’t use swift page builder, the excerpts are correctly displayed with “recent-posts” element, but when I use swift page builder and a “block text” element at first element, no excerpts in the div class=”excerpt”. I’m not sure, I have to use the custom excerpt when I’m using swift page builder ?
    3. problem with the Show “blog aux options” category : it not displays all the categories with posts, only the first 10. is that normal ?

I’ve already regenered all images with a plugin, but nothing change.
    dante 2.53 (the last version I think, I’ve downloaded last week)
    May you help me please (I can provide you an acces)…
    Tks a lot for your excellent work.
    J.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1a) If you create a new post, does this work correctly? It may be something due to the previous theme setup.
    2a) Have you set a category in the blog asset?
    3) Please update to the latest version, we recently increased the limit – you can update via Dashboard > Updates.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

jacques

Hi, tks for your reply

I upgraded the theme

1a) Not solved : I created a new post, the featured image is displayed correctly in a single post page. It still not displayed with the element “blog” (normal, mini, mansory…). There is no <figure… in the html code. NB: all featured images are displayed correctly in a category page.
    2a) Not solved : yes I set a category in the blog asset. the excerpts are not displayed with element “recent-post” or “blog”
    3) ok solved… I have all the categories listed now. I suppose it’s not possible to choose the categories I would like to see displayed.

tks a lot

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide us the site url and wp-admin access?
    Please send us the user credentials by private message.

Best Regards,
    Rui

jacques
    This reply has been marked as private.
    jacques

hi, sorry, I forgot… you can see the problem for the featured images on for example here : http://transcultures.be/2013/toutes-les-news

tks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please ask your hosting provider to enable GD IMAGE EXTENTION at your web hosting server properly. Hope that should resolve the issue automatically. Let me know your feedback.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

jacques
    Mohammad – SUPPORT
    jacques
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Finally, I have resolved the issue so please check and let me know your feedback.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

jacques

Hi, tks.
    1. it seams great for the featured images. Could you please tell me if is will be ok when I’ll ugrade the theme next time ? I’m not a pro in php, but I can understand and so… I didn’t understand where was the problem… (in a theme, with a specific plugin, is what I configured something incorrectly ?)
    2. the excerpt still not displayed when I use swift builder (I have nothing in the <div class=”excerpt” itemprop=”description”>… you can check here : http://transcultures.be/2013/toutes-les-news. Same thing, maybe I incorrectly configured something. please tell me.
    tks a lot
    J.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please explain your excerpt issue with screenshot because i am not able to see it.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

jacques

Hi,
    ok… I put you a screen shots but you can check directly on the website it’s the same…

on the first screen shot (http://transcultures.be/2013/toutes-les-news) you can see the first 3 posts dont have excerpts (nothing in the <div class=”excerpt” itemprop=”description”>)… the following three have excerpts. With the 3 first I used swift builder. It’s the same thing on the homepage (below “Agenda de nos activités”)…

I have another bug now (see 2nd screenshot)… On homepage (http://transcultures.be/2013/#home-services) I have a problem with the shortcodes [sf_iconbox image=’ss-share’ ….]). As you can see : no icons, visible rotated text.

I hope you understand better know… tks a lot.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please always put custom excerpt in post meta to display excerpt because sometimes automatic excerpt was not generated.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register