New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Facebook icon shortcode broken after site move

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by safvc.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    safvc

Hi,

I’ve recently gone from a temp URL to turning our new site live on our regular URL.

In addition to changing the general settings, updating the database, about the only other change I had to make was on wp-config.php with this code because admin screen was not accessible:
    define(“WP_SITEURL”,”http://myurl.com”);
    define(“WP_HOME”,”http://myurl.com”);

Didn’t do much else code wise.

But now the social icons work for twitter and youtube, but for facebook when clicked goes to:
    myurl.com/myfacebookid

the link changes based on the page that the user is on when the icon is clicked. So for the contact us page, link opens up to:
    myurl.com/contact-us/myfacebookid

And so on. How can I fix?

Thx.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Not sure what you’ve updated in your database, but make sure the path to the WP install is correct. If some mix up happened in your DB with the URLs, many more places might be affected, in which case the best thing to do would be a fresh install.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

safvc

The only changes made to the database were in the wp_options table, option names siteurl and home to reflect my url. I’ve backed out the changes to wp-config.php, so the original file is now uploaded. And the problem still persists, but with the facebook icon only. All other links work fine.

Your help is appreciated.

safvc

entering the full URL for your facebook page fixes this behavior.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register