New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Excerpt HTML Stripped

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    heykenneth

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction. After a recent update to the Swift Framework my custom excerpts on blog posts are no longer retaining their formatting. HTML placed in the Custom Excerpt meta box is being removed and all content is wrapped in a paragraph tag.

For example on save: <h3>This is a custom header</h3> <h4>Here is the subheader</h4> Becomes: <p>This is a custom header Here is the subheader</p>

Any ideas? Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It is correct because HTML content output damage the layout. So we use plain text wrap with only P tag.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

heykenneth

Mohammad, how come this worked prior to the latest Swift Framework update? Why would non-paragraph tags damage the layout? You’ve provided a Custom Excerpt meta input box which previously accepted HTML markup.

Is it possible to turn this functionality back on and stop the HTML tags from being stripped? Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Are you using the Blog element of Swift page builder to display the blog posts?
    Thanks
    Mohammad

heykenneth

Mohammad, yes I’m using the Swift Page Builder Blog element and then a Recent Post module from the Page Builder as well. I have custom text I’m trying to display in a specific format via the Custom Excerpt meta box. Appreciate your help on this.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Unfortunately only plain text is supported as a post excerpt

– Kyle

heykenneth
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I will forward this to the developer for you to see if anything has changed

– Kyle

heykenneth

Thank you very much!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you link me to the post you are trying to do this on and also add a WP login?

Thanks.

heykenneth

David,

I was able to resolve this, but admittedly it seems like a bit of hack. In a more recent version of the Swift Framework:

function sf_custom_excerpt( $custom_content, $limit ) {
            $content = explode( ' ', $custom_content, $limit );

Was changed to:

function sf_custom_excerpt( $custom_content, $limit ) {
            $content = wp_trim_words( $custom_content, $limit );

Form some reason wp_trim_words strips the HTML content in the Custom Excerpt where as explode leaves it intact. It would be great to understand why the change. Also, would love to do this via a function in functions.php instead of overwriting the core files. Initially I was looking at updating the_excerpt() to allow for specific HTML tags, until I realized you are using your own custom excerpts.

Thank you!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Great, this is what I was going to refer you to, the trouble is as you discovered those functions cannot be overridden currently in a child theme.

I’m going to feedback to Ed (lead dev) to see if we can get this added so we can override this going forward.

Cheers,
    David.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register