New Landing How can we help? Atelier Everything BLANK after switching back to Neighborhood theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

Since the export/import of settings doesn’t do anything (see separate support thread for this), I switched my theme from Atelier back to Neighborhood so that I could make note of all my settings. My website and admin were then blank, white pages. Absolutely nothing.

As a total guess I went to my web server admin page I renamed your “swift-framework” plug-in to “swift-framework-deleted” and my site came back again.

You guys need to fix this in your plugin. Your themes look great, but you need to do more testing across the board before dropping a release.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That’s because only our latest themes, Cardinal Joyn & Atelier use the latest framework (the plugin), the other themes use the old framework which is built into the theme itself. Having the swift framework plugin installed and activated as well as having nhood activated will cause a conflict. There’s nothing to fix in the plugin

– Kyle

terrysmith

Are you joking? Your plugin should never, under any circumstances, cause someone’s whole website and whole admin area to become completely blank and completely unreachable. It is not “by design” or acceptable.

If that means the plugin needs to read the DB, see what theme is active, and not do ANYTHING if it’s not one of your supported themes then that is what it needs to do! Is that really hard to understand?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @terrysmith

Can you let me know what message you received? I’ll be sure to look into this.

Obviously the plugin isn’t intended to be used with Neighborhood, but agree this shouldn’t cause an issue. Teething issues can occur with big moves like this, but they are for the better.

– Ed

terrysmith

Thank you Ed,

I’m glad to hear that you don’t think this should be by design.

There was no error message. In this scenario the website and admin area are both completely blank. I looked at the source and want to say, though I don’t remember with 100% certainty, the source was empty too. Somehow a good response code was returned from the server but with no HTML? I was using Chrome by the way. I renamed the plug-in as a total guess, and it worked. Any of users who don’t have server access, at least immediately, would be very stuck!

It should be very easy to reproduce, just switch an Atelier site to Neighborhood without disabling the plugin first.

Thank you,
    Terry

terrysmith

I just discovered that it happens when you active a child theme of Aetlier as well, so now I can’t customize the theme until this is fixed.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @terrysmith

I’ve just tested again with the child theme and all works 100% – are you using the latest theme & Swift Framework plugin?

If you enable the WP_DEBUG mode in wp-config.php then an error message should show on the white screen – that will indicate the issue.

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register