New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Enable Reddit in Social Sharing (ShareThis)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Tekguild

In case anyone needs to do this, I thought I’d post a how-to, as I didn’t see one after searching the forums.

I wanted a Reddit button instead of Pinterest and see that you’re using the ShareThis javascript in this theme.

To show a Reddit button simply open up single.php (actually you should copy the single.php file to your Child theme folder, then edit that) and do a search for Pinterest (or any other social name) to find the section for the sharing buttons. In my single.php it was around line 89.

All you need to do is add or replace any particular line – for instance, in my case I wanted to replace the Pinterest line:

<span class='st_pinterest_hcount' displayText='Pinterest'></span>

And replace it with this:

<span class='st_reddit_hcount' displayText='Reddit'></span>

No need to modify anything else!

Cheers!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Wohoo thank you grokism!

Ravendt

Hi grokism,

I added your code in my single.php file linkedin but does not appear to me.
    More codes sharing networks are different from me your code (see screenshot).
    How to appear in my lindekin resaeux sharing?

<ul class="social-icons">
    							<li class="sf-love">
    							<div class="comments-likes">
    							<?php if (function_exists( 'lip_love_it_link' )) {
    								echo lip_love_it_link(get_the_ID(), '<i class="ss-heart"></i>', '<i class="ss-heart"></i>', false);
    							} ?>				
    							</div>
    							</li>
    						    <li class="facebook"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="post_share_facebook" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=220,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-facebook"></i><i class="fa-facebook"></i></a></li>
    						    <li class="twitter"><a href="https://twitter.com/share?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>&text=<?php echo urlencode(get_the_title()); ?>" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=260,width=600');return false;" class="product_share_twitter"><i class="fa-twitter"></i><i class="fa-twitter"></i></a></li>   
    						    <li class="googleplus"><a href="https://plus.google.com/share?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=600,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-google-plus"></i><i class="fa-google-plus"></i></a></li>
    						    <li class="pinterest"><a href="https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>&media=<?php if(function_exists('the_post_thumbnail')) echo wp_get_attachment_url(get_post_thumbnail_id()); ?>&description=<?php echo get_the_title(); ?>" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,
    						      '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=320,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-pinterest"></i><i class="fa-pinterest"></i></a></li>

<li class="mail"><a href="mailto:?subject=<?php the_title(); ?>&body=<?php echo strip_tags(get_the_excerpt()); ?> <?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="product_share_email"><i class="ss-mail"></i><i class="ss-mail"></i></a></li>
    						</ul>						
    					</div>					

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tekguild

Which version of the Flexform theme are you using?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Ravendt – looks like you’re using Dante – this code is only possible on Flexform/Supreme/Pinpoint.

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.