New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Enable Author Info Box on All Past Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    jennmattern

I just launched a rebranded site at AllIndieWriters.com. I need the author info box to be turned on for all posts. But it defaults to unchecked for the old posts imported to the new site. I have over 1400 posts on the site, so manually ticking the box for every post isn’t an option. It’s already set to show it on new posts by default.

Is there any way to make all existing posts switch to showing the author info box, or would it have to be done manually? If it can only be done manually, I’ll have to use a plugin for this instead, so I’ll need to know how to disable or hide the built-in author box.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Jenn,

Since the author meta box is part of the theme framework, it will only be applied to posts created with the theme active.

But there is a solution. The author info setting is a custom field that gets added/updated to a post when you check/uncheck it. If you click Screen Options while editing a post and check Custom Fields, you will see the first one would be sf_author_info, with a value set to 1, if enabled.

So you would just need to mass add this custom field to all your posts (must look like this), here’s a couple solutions I found: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-fields-32

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jennmattern

Thanks. I opted to just remove the if statement about the option being ticked, as I’ll never have a need to leave that off a post. That took care of it for all of the past posts and defaults to showing it for the new ones.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Yup, that’s another way of doing it.

The downside is that you’ll need to do this every time you update the theme.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    UDTHEMES Support

jennmattern

That’s not a big deal. Ed made another change to that template file for me in the past to change another default on the old imported posts (the sidebar I believe). So I already have to update that particular file manually, along with a few custom page templates I’ve added. One more thing to add to my list shouldn’t cause any headaches. 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

Okay 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register