New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood EMERGENCY! My site is down after doing the Revolution slider update!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    creatorofstuff

Please help me! I heard about the security vulnerability with the Revolution Slider so I found your page with the latest version and I updated. Now my site won’t load! I tried to remove the slider from my homepage and it wouldn’t give me permission to preview the page without saving, which is wierd.

I disabled the slider but the site still wouldn’t load.

I tried installing old versions of the slider but still the same.

I called my host, and they looked on their end and said it was a conflict between the theme and the plugin.

Please help!!! I don’t know what to do to get my site live again and this is a live business. Thank you very much.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Looking now.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the RevSlider update, but instead seems like your front page is stuck in a redirect loop.

My best advice would be to contact your web host, they should be able to check the cause for you.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

I did contact them and they said it was from the conflict between the Revolution slider and the theme. And I must admit, it all went south the minute I updated the slider.

In addition, I can’t view any other pages in the site, so it’s not just my homepage.

Now I’m really panicking, because they say it’s the theme, and you say it’s them. Where do I turn?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Well you’ve removed the slider, and the theme has no permanent connection to the slider, so that is completely incorrect.

That’s a pretty lame and unhelpful response from them – who do you host with?

If you disable the theme, does your frontend work correctly? If so, then try re-uploading a fresh version of the theme.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I just tried for you, and the front-end still doesn’t load.

Just some proof that they don’t know what they are talking about, or that they have poor customer service.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

Thank you so much for checking it out!!

I was on the phone twice with my host just now, and finally found a gentleman who was helpful and walked me through figuring this out. Turns out it is a problem with Woocommerce. When I disable Woocommerce, the site comes up.

Could this have to do with the most current theme update? I just updated the theme, too, as well as Revolution Slider (which was what I thought caused the problem).

I’m not sure what to do at this point. My site is currently running without Woocommerce, which is not good!

Thank you in advance!

P.S. My host is Hostgator. As soon as my contract is up with them I am switching. I’ve had too many problems. (Not that this one is their fault, but in general.)

creatorofstuff

I’m sorry to be a pest but is anyone able to help with this?

I can’t leave my site with Woocommerce disabled. If I enable it the site breaks. If I disable it, the site loads, but with lots of broken links, obviously.

Help please!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Best thing I can recommend is check/post here – http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce

It’s not something we’ve ever encountered before, likely something to do with your WooCommerce setup, possibly security/ssl related. They’ll be best to assist.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

@Ed – as always, you are right. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

It took a LOT of work (for a very non-technical WordPress newbie like me) but I was finally able to discover the culprit. I’m posting this in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Woocommerce must have changed a default setting, which must have appeared in the update I just did. The setting reads:

Un-force HTTPS when leaving the checkout

As soon as I unchecked that, everything was fine. It was originally unchecked, so I never thought about that being checked again. Geez. I’m SO sorry to waste your time, although you really helped me narrow it down. Thank you!!!!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Happy to help, glad you sorted it ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register