New Landing How can we help? Atelier editing a template file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    GTS75

I just installed the WooCommerce email validation pro plugin and I’d like to edit the generic text that comes standard with the plugin’s template files. When I reached out to the plugin’s author on how to edit the email, these are the instructions I received:

“Email template file can be found within the wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/ directory:

You can edit text or layout on this file in an upgrade-safe way using overrides. Copy it into a directory within your theme named /woocommerce-email-verification-pro, keeping the same file structure.

Example: To override or edit the email template, copy: woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/customer-email-verification.php to yourtheme/woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/customer-email-verification.php

The copied file will now override the default email template file and you can change text on this file.

Please, do not make any changes within the core plugin itself as they are overwritten during the upgrade process and any customizations will be lost.”

I was able to locate the template file in my Siteground Cpanel, but I have a question about how I should save the new directory and figured you’d be able to provide an easy answer.

Do I save the new file exactly as atelier/woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/customer-email-verification.php

or

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/customer-email-verification.php

??

Sorry if that’s a stupid question, this is my first time doing this.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s not a stupid question.
    The correct location is this one.

“Do I save the new file exactly as atelier/woocommerce-email-verification-pro/templates/customer-email-verification.php”

-Rui

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register