New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Doubts and issue after updating

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@charlie999 – We’ve had a bit of a nightmare week. The hacking has caused a few rush updates to prevent users getting malware notices from imported content from our old server. We admit that there were a few issues in v1.4.1 which we unexpected, but we’ve worked solidly over the past few days to get everything straight and fixed as quick as we can. We released v1.4.2 last night which fixed all known issues.

I apologise that the issues occurred in the first place, but we’ve done all we can to resolve them as quick as possible.

As I said, this has been a nightmare week, but we’ve finally moved all of our themes over to a new, super-secure and quick server. Things have been up in the air, but we’re back to normal now, and have an extra support assistant starting on Monday who will also be providing 7 day support (as well as myself), with Cosmin also working during the week.

Hope that’s enough to convince you that we’re doing all we can, and will continue to strive to offer the best themes and support that we possibly can.

– Ed

Charlie999

Hi Ed
    Actually i’m impressed of how you took care of this problems, I haven’t expected it at the weekend. I really do want that this theme will continue to strive to be the best theme ever. And i Love It, and i’m sure my clients will love it too, when that time comes. I know that i sometimes sounds disappointed, but i don’t wanna loose this theme. That’s it!

BTW, I did the new update to the version 1.4.2 and haven’t found any issues after that, even if i don’t have created any new things there. But it look promising.

Have a nice weekend now, without nightmares

foodfreaks

Hi Ed,

I do not have a problem with the spanish translation file because I do not support Spanish. There is a problem with the “>” at the bottom of the page which only occurs with pagination. Enclosed you can find a screenshot. On my site the maintenance mode is active. If you want to access please use http://foodfreaks.ch/specialaccess. In the header click on the right side: “Freaks”. There you can see the blog im masonry style. If you scroll down to the bottom you can see the problem.

Thanks
    Christian

eduturns

@wwiderock – Regarding your questions about events calendars… I am, and have been using the Timely All-in-One Events Calendar with Flexform for quite some time and it works just fine. I am using the Pro version now, but the free version worked equally as well when I had it installed. There isn’t much difference between the free and pro versions besides 1 additional calendar view and a few extra bells and whistles. If you would like to be more specific about the problem you are having I would be more than happy to try and help. It’s likely just a matter of getting the calendar settings correct.

I also have the Events Manager plugin installed. Right now I actually have both the All-in-One and Event Manager plugins installed and activated at the same time (and working properly). Each has features that the other does not so I’m trying to decide between the two; while also testing out the possibilities of making them work together for various functions. Anyway, just thought I’d let you know the Event Manager plugin is also worth consideration; and I just wanted to point out that I have both installed and activated with zero issues.

I haven’t yet tried out “The Events Calendar” plugin by Modern Tribe though I have read up on it. I’ll likely end up giving it a spin as well by the time it’s all said and done… You mentioned that the calendar page doesn’t show up in the pages list. Like I said, I haven’t used “The Events Calendar” plugin so I can’t say for certain but, the other two that I am using both require you to either select, or create then select the page that you will use for the calendar from within the settings for each plugin, respectively.

Hope that is helpful. If you have any questions please feel free.

wwiderock

Hi Ed,

Sorry for not answering before, I’ve been out all day.

Sorry to say that the issue with the arrow is still on. Thanks for carrying about the issue with the calendar too. I will log the ticket about it, as you recomend.

Please, don’t take me wrong when I say I’m worry. I bought this template after one month checking different other ones, and I think this is the one I need for my proyect, and I really like it. The thing is that the text I told you in the column, which means ”relationships among employees” has nothing to see with ”last modification date” which is what it is the issue of the collumn. That made me think that maybe some kind of malware in the template, and that could be the reason of the problems with plugins too. And this could be a hard issue to solve. And I felt worry because not having it working means I am loosing money.

Please, don’t take this as an offense. That’s not my intention, and on the other hand, I know you are working on it to solve everything.

I’m sorry to cause so many troubles.
    Thank you for your help. 🙂

wwiderock

Hi Ed,
    I uploaded the theme with the file you sent me, and the arrows are finally gone!! Thank you very much, :).

I still have the problems with the language settings. With WPML deleted, I have some things in english and some in spanish, and I can’t find any place to change it. It should be all in english. For post translation I’m trying a google plugin, and seems it is working.
    Do you need me to open a ticket with this language issue?

Eduturns, how do you manage to create/edit a calendar page with the Events Calendar plugin? I can only display it in the head menu, by adding the link, but not editing it.
    About All-in-one plugin, I’ve been using it for months, and I really like it, but when I installed it the first time it I found problems with it, and after removing it I could never install it again.

Again, thank you very much for your help, Ed. I really appreciate that. :).

eduturns

I wish I could tell you from my own experience, but like I said, I haven’t actually used the Events Calendar plugin. However, I think one or both of the pages below may have the answer to your question. If not, I’m sure the answer is bound to be buried somewhere in their extensive documentation and tutorials sections.

http://tri.be/finding-your-events-adding-them-to-the-menu/
    http://tri.be/pro-my-first-event/

As for the AIOEC plugin, that’s an odd issue. All I can think is that maybe some plugin files were left behind when you uninstalled that are preventing you from being able to reinstall. If you have access to the files on your server, try looking in the wp-content/plugins folder for any files/folders left behind by the plugin and delete them. Be careful though. If your not exactly sure what your looking for, download the plugin to your computer and look through the files/folders included in the .zip. I’m not sure if leftover database tables can prevent you from being able to reinstall the plugin, but if the former doesn’t work, you could try cleaning that up with WPDBSpringClean.

WPDBSpringClean

Hope you’re able to get it all worked out!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@wwiderock – please create a new ticket.

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi Eduturns and Ed,

Eduturns, aparently it is correctly deleted, but I couldn’t solve it, and decided trying other pluings. Now I have installed callPress Events, and it seems it is working, but still have to try a couple of things.

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate your help.

Hi Ed, I’m taking your advice and opening the ticket for the issue with the language now, (and a couple more, hope you don’t mind). Thanks.

Thank you very much!! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register