Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    halfcj

I updated my version of Dante and it has completely messed up my site!
    Seems rows have been removed with all their data.
    Headings/text (h1) now splits onto 2 lines!
    I have shadows now where there were none, even though class still shows “no-shadow”
    There is stuff in the builder that does not display options, e.g background alt
    The Row icons no longer display properly (edit, delete) they are obscured by the element within them.

It’s a mess! will take many hours if not days to fix it all back to how it should be!

Can you tell me what has happened in this update!

See the home page. First section “Do you know your staging date?” was on one line and full width colour section, now on two lines and a boxed section?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Your site is not looking broke for me on the above points, can you please refresh your browser cache?

If you still encounter issues, please add annotated screenshots.

Cheers,
    David.

halfcj

I have refreshed cache, and viewed on multiple browsers and machine. I did that before I posted.

Please see attached grab of the homepage http://aematters.com

So many problems.I changed NO coding, am working with a child theme so that all my CSS adjustments are still in place and each page still showing the specific EXTRA CLASS NAMES (See second attachment)

Also third attachment is the next page, showing a white line between header and first section, which we previously solved and has now returned. Plus angain, the text has a break where it shouldn’t . seems to only be happening on ‘h1’

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    halfcj

I think I may have solved the h1 problem of line breaking. I added some css coding in the theme regarding h1 and it corrected it.
    The remainder is still a problem.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

That line comes from this css.

.spb_impact_text .spb_call_text {
        border-left-color: #662d91;
    }

The text is breaking because the lack of space since the font is 60 px, reducing the font will help but it will break in 2 lines when you reduce the window size to a resolution where it doesn’t have space to show everything in 1 line.

Can you provide admin access to check the full width issue?
    Use the private reply.

Thanks

-Rui

halfcj
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

thanks, will check.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I placed your button inside a Row and set the content to full-width.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9hxpbia48g97px/Screenshot%202015-10-26%2018.13.34.png?dl=0

You can adjust the margin bottom of the row editing the settings.

Hope it helps.

-Rui

halfcj

Upon going through the site in more detail, we have discovered that there is now content with a plugin that has been completely removed!!!

We deploy a ‘cost estimated form’, and since installing the update, the plugin has completely reverted to the ‘demo’ content. How can this possibly happen??

The page that the form is displayed on is now showing as created on 21 October, the day I updated the theme. There are no ‘revisions available. The plugin is now ’empty’, thus shows the default demo.The original page was published a year ago, and has never been changed! But now all gone. No coincidence that the ‘creation’ date now shows as the same day I chose to upgrade!

Plus, I now have many issues with the layout. sections don’t butt together, I have random spacing between sections. Real problem.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

There is no interaction between the auto theme updater and plugin/page content.

The only possible explanation I can think of currently is the plugin got deactivated, again though this would not be caused by a theme update.

Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

– David.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register