New Landing How can we help? Atelier Disappointed with the new version of Swift Framework

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    mm9488

Hey guys – I know you must’ve had a lot of reasons to redesign Swift Framework, but I want to register my disappointment with the newest version. I’ve loved working with Swift Framework, but now I’ve lost the visual element when I look at a page in the Dashboard. I can no longer easily see what is contained in which element w/o peeking inside. From my perspective, this is a step in the wrong direction.

As much as I’ve loved working with Cardinal and Atelier, I may well look for a new “main” template, one that allows me a better visual when building pages.

I recognize this is probably going to be ignored as a minority opinion, but if I don’t share it with you, I’ll regret it.

Sorry for being brutally honest. Mike

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Appreciate the opinion. It is something we have thought about in terms of the adjustment from the old builder to the new builder – but we do have the option to change the element title that is visible when not open – this should allow for easy identification without having the issue of a very large page when you are using many elements.

We have considered adding in an option to show the text in text blocks, on a global scale for people who prefer the old preview style. Is this something that would be appreciated by yourself?

Please let us know of anything else. Obviously we want to improve the builder in all possible ways, and we feel this is a massive step forward in a majority of ways. Any way we can improve it for as many people as possible is something we’ll always consider.

Thanks,

– Ed

Pothe

Hi Ed,
    I agree with mm9488.

Also, I don’t get the advantage of hiding the content. Even with very long pages it is even more essential to see and know what content is in each element. Otherwise it’s like a lucky guess to click on the element to see what text is inside.

Major problem that will cause a lot more work.

I will roll back to the previous version until there are changes.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Pothe

Have you seen/used the option to rename elements – do you not feel that gives you enough to indicate one element from another?

We did deliberate this point before release, but it got benched. I’m currently working on an update which will add a theme option to display text block content. That way you can enable it if you’d prefer that functionality. Will likely send this off in the next 12 hours or so.

Thanks as always for the feedback.

– Ed

eternalbeta

Hi Ed —

Having the option to toggle text block content on and off would be great for me as well. I can definitely see the rationale to both sides of the argument of whether to show it or not, as everything looks a lot slicker without messy content. While discovering I could name elements helped, in heavily sectioned areas like in the attached image, I feel like I’m losing some of the scale/flow of the sections on the page.

Once the option to show content is added I’ll probably play around with both options to see which I feel more comfortable with. Thanks for all your hard work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback as well @eternalbeta. Here is a screenshot of what we’re working with at the moment with the text block text shown – https://www.dropbox.com/s/shucdejntdlihw1/Screenshot%202016-02-29%2022.24.46.png?dl=0

We’ll start with this, then may consider others.

– Ed

westcoastsurf

Yes, need the previews. I have long swift built pages and now clients have no idea where to find all the proper content without having to expand each individual element.

Attachments:
    Kyle – SUPPORT

The previews will be back in the next update

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Please update to v2.0.2 – then in theme options under Page Builder options there is an option to enable the text preview.

Hope that helps.

Ed

3969120a

updated to v2.0.2 – but don’t see Page Builder Options in theme options

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This will be within the plugin options. Dashboard => Swift Framework => Options . See referenced screenshot.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    Pothe

Thanks,
    This seems much better now.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Great, thanks David

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.