New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Disable custom post types & fields

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    gkapoor

Neighborhood theme using the your swift framework is adding several custom post types & fields which I don’t need for my setup. These custom types and fields are cluttering up the admin interface and adding unnecessary metadata in the database; most of the custom fields values are blank or null. I would like to disable these types & fields for better usability for our contributors/authors adding posts – the fields are also confusing for somebody not familiar with basic post edit interface. Again, how I disable these fields?

westcoastsurf

in the wpadmin – top right – click on SCREEN OPTIONS – then uncheck “Custom Fields”

gkapoor

Using the Screen Options, it will only hide for the user and not globally. I don’t want each of our contributors to show the fields.

Also, I am requesting to “hide” but rather “disable” the fields so that our database doesn’t get flooded with empty field values.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This sure is possible, but I’m afraid it’s not built into the theme and would have to be modified especially for you. We’d love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info. You could also hire a developer to help you with your customizations.

Thank you for understanding!
    Cheers!

gkapoor

Actually, I don’t understand why this request is out of scope. All I am saying is that your theme is flooding our database by adding unnecessary metadata. When I am saving a post, it’s adding at the minimum of 14 rows with sf_* metakeys per post. If I need to add/update 10000 posts it will 140K rows!!

The theme should provide a interface to disable or not add these default metadata for each post.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you so much for the feedback, I will gladly forward this to the developer of the theme to consider.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

If you don’t want the extra custom post types, you can remove them from functions.php, they are on lines 22-27

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register