New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Directory: listing is a mess

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Ian

I have activated the swift page builder for directory items and I am getting a nice looking result on the directory single item page. However the listing page is a mess, should this not be showing an excerpt? If you are going to allow people to use the swift page builder on directory pages this is a must.

It would also be great to have the option for a “view listing” button under the excerpt as many people do not think to click on the image to the left.

yodaman

I was able to find the excerpt for it on the listing page, it’s in ‘Edit Directory Map’ and you’ll see an input box called ‘Excerpt Length’ and you put a number there. Ex: 100. However, the listing page still comes up as a mess. The smaller the number the worse it gets. I haven’t found a solution yet neither.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

@ian
    You can give a try in the excerpt field.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8svgvfuayop6h6p/directory_excerpt_lenght.png?dl=0

@yoadaman
    Why do you think it’s a mess? How do you think it can be improved?
    If necessary attach screenshots so we can understand.

-Rui

Ian

Thanks Rui

That is working for me and it has solved my permalink issue as well.

I would love to see in a future update the ability to pick map filters, for simple directories like this one all I would really like is the category pulldown.

yodaman

The smaller the number I input in the excerpt the messier it gets. I’ve attached 2 screenshots, one is 100 and the other is 40 in the excerpt. Perhaps I’m the only one with this problem. If you could help that will be great.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

@Ian
    Glad it’s sorted. Thanks for the input. Will suggest it to the development team.

@yodaman

You were right, that is really a mess. 🙂

Since it’s working fine for others, it seems that is something in you directory items content that is causing the html to break(some unclosed tag).

Please do this test, create 2 new Directory itens and assign them to a new category.
    In the content don’t place any html(just simple text).

Then create a new page with the Directory asset selecting only items from that new category so we can see the result.

Let us know the result.

-Rui

Ian

I would suggest adding the option to strip out html and shortcodes from the listings. Perhaps just leaving .

I was having a similar issue.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks

– Kyle

yodaman

Thanks Kyle for helping.

So I created a new page with directory asset selecting only items from the new category. In addition I also created one with directory asset excerpt set at 50.

I’ve attached the screenshots for both so you can see. Or you can also see it here with the page set at excerpt 0. http://trendsineyewear.com/directory-page-test-1/ .
    Although I’ve only selected the new test directory item, but all of the items showed up instead of just the selected one.

Please have a look and many thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Will need admin access to check this further.
    Use the private reply.

Thanks
    -Rui

yodaman
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is happening because of the html code inside one of the directory items. When we cut caused the html to break.

We will check a solution for this.

Thanks

-Rui

yodaman
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are launching a new version(probably tomorrow) that will already create an custom excerpt field in the Directory item so it can be placed any content in the Directory item using the Swift Page Builder.

-Rui

yodaman

Hey Rui,

I updated the new version, it’s still a huge mess. Can you help asap please? Thanks.

http://www.4eyesoptical.ca/locations/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.