Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    solidsponge

Hi

I have not used wordpress before but am computer literate or so I thought. I followed the documentation to import the .xml file and copied the text into the backup file. It says this it to get it to look like the demo? But instead it just looks like a blog. Im obviously doing something wrong but I cannot get it to look like the demo.

Im wanting a portfolio like the demo with the images displayed, right now its just blank. When I make a new portfolio post Im thinking this is the thumbnail, upload image etc, nothing appears.

Is there something you need to do to set it to portfolio view? I dont understand why it says it will takes 2 mins when it doesnt look like demo, it also says failed to import lots of items…but the comments etc and posts you created are displayed in the interface, just nowhere on site.

solidsponge

I think I set to “static page” if I set to normal, it just displays everything like a normal blog with text, no layout, no images. nothing…

solidsponge

Sorry Id edit the posts but I cant delete them. I didnt tick the download attachments on importing the xml. Ill try and resolve myself and return.

solidsponge

Ok so I have the images now working, uploaded the .xml and the text file into the backup.

But, how do I display like the demo? I have no front page http://twistedshotgun.com/rs/

solidsponge

Ok so nothing works for me it turns out, following docs to make the menu, it doesnt appear. But some gaps appear. Ive tried reinstalling 3 times. Really not sure why its just blank no matter what I try… ๐Ÿ™

Melanie – SUPPORT

I see your menu working fine.

solidsponge

Yes basically a variety of nightmares eventually solved, I think ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register