New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform demo content not importing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    jleon213

demo content not importing. please check attached jpg.

jleon213

Hi,

I already check the php specifications and everything is ok on my side. Should i increase the values?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

The WordPress importer rarely works when you try to import images, try without them.

This is not something related to our theme, but to WordPress itself, actually.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jleon213

Actually IT HAS TO DO WITH YOUR THEME. I’ve tried with and without images.

Please read (this is taken from your site, I followed this instructions and it doesn’t work):

Demo Content

NOTE: before importing the demo content, make sure you have installed & activated “Revolution Slider” and “Contact Form 7” from within Appearance > Install Plugins, and also installed WooCommerce if you want the demo shop content.

Both the theme content and theme options have been provided so that you can set up the theme to look exactly like the demo in a few minutes. You can find the main demo XML file, along with the demo content XML files for each of the example sites in the main download folder. This XML file is to use through the WordPress import tool, which can be found in Tools > Import > WordPress. Follow the steps to import the demo content and leave the final page to load with a confirmation that the content has been imported successfully (this may take some time).

Once you have imported the demo content XML, you will still need to set the home page by going to Settings > Reading, and under “Front page displays” select “A static page” and then select the one of the Home examples for the front page. Leave the Posts page blank.

You will also need to select the menu(s) in Appearance > Menus, for them to display on your site.

The theme options text file is to copy and paste the contents into the box provided within Flexform Options, under the Import/Export sub-menu.

If you want to import our revolution slider example. You will need to install the Revolution Slider plugin (Appearance > Install Plugins), and then open up the plugin from the left menu at the bottom. Create a slider, give it a title, and then give it an alias of “homeslider”. Select the full width display option, the change the grid width to “1170” and height to “450”. Click “create slider”. Next you want to click “Edit slider”, scroll down and select “Show Export/Import” and then import the “homeslider.txt” file that is included within the demo content folder.

NOTE: If you’d like to copy our revolution slider caption styling, we have included “captions.css” within the demo content folder. You will need to copy this this file to replace the file in /wp-content/plugins/revslider/rs-plugin/css.

If you have any issues with the import, i.e. any errors, then please contact your hosting to increase your php memory upload limit before contacting our support for help. You can see the recommended settings below:

Cosmin – SUPPORT

To be more clear: including media attachments at import in WordPress doesn’t work on all servers. Actually, I’ve found it to rarely work right.

The way I always try to do it is to first import with media attachments. This usually gets them in, but doesn’t import the pages/posts/etc. Then I do a second import, not checking the media attachments box, so I only get the rest of the content.

Can you try doing it like that?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jleon213

As i said in my post before, I’ve tried every option for the importing. I think your theme has a problem with the provided xml file.

So, should I move on and start to build from scratch using your theme? or is there a way to upload the demo content as you advertise in the documentation page.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

The XML works fine, I’ve personally used it to setup a test site where I play and test for bugs and such.

Taking another look at that screenshot – do you actually have the theme active when trying to import? It will obviously not work if Flexform is not activated. (those “invalid post type” errors only would show up if the theme weren’t activated, as, for example, WordPress wouldn’t be able to import “Sliders” if there is no “Sliders” section in your dashboard)

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jleon213

Obviously the theme is activated and since i cannot waste my time on this I already started to build the site from scratch with the theme options which btw are great.

Still, the xml doesn’t work so please have that in mind.

jleon213

well… diggin’ about this i found that it is a server side issue, this happens on some servers and on some it doesn’t. the workaround is this:

(USER: Syrehn from wordpress.org):
    If your import is failing try the following (this method resolved this issue for me):

1) Download and Install 7zip.
    2) Right click on your .XML file -> 7zip -> Add to Archive
    3) Change the “Archive format” to gzip and hit “OK”
    4) Try to import the file again (using the .gz you just created) and it should work.

You should put this on your FAQs or something.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Interesting, thanks for sharing this. The only problem I see with it is that 7Zip is not available for Mac users, but there are other tools that may work.

I’ll assign this to Ed so he’s aware of the workaround and maybe this can be added in the docs.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks @jleon213 , appreciate it – will keep this handy.

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register