New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Default article image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    kunzi

How can I remove the default article image (default-thumb.png) from showing if there is no article image selected for an article? If an article image is however selected, then it should show on blog list and single post’s page.

kunzi

Also is there a way to change the default article image? I tried to upload a new default-thumb.png to dante-child/images/ folder, but it did not work.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, if you’re replacing the default image you need to make sure that the css actually calls the child theme’s image, I’m pretty sure it still calls the parent theme’s one in your installation.

Removing the image completely may not be the easiest task, but if you let me see your website I can see if we can use custom css instead of modifying the php.

Cheers

kunzi
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Yeah we cannot do that with custom css, but I wanted to check if it was possible. So php would be needed.

What are you using for that page? which shortcode? Then I can tell you the file to edit.

kunzi
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

It seems, Mel didn’t get back to you. Apologies for a late reply. So I try to help you.

Open up \wp-content\themes\dante\includes\sf-post-formats.php line #377 to #379 you see a line like this.

if ($thumb_type == "image" && $thumb_img_url == "") {
    $thumb_img_url = "default";
    }

Comment that line, like this.

// if ($thumb_type == "image" && $thumb_img_url == "") {
    // 	$thumb_img_url = "default";
    // }

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register