New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Dante Portfolio Thumbnail Sizes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    FruitbatDesign

Hello,

Firstly, thanks – it is a really great theme.

I have a few questions about thumbnail sizes in Dante. I choose the option to display the featured image as the thumbnail.

1. Is it possible to force square thumbnails (regardless of the aspect ratio of the upload)? If not, is it possible to force an aspect ratio on thin, landscape thumbnails so that all thumbnails display at exactly the same size instead of having different heights and fixed widths?

2. I want to update functions.php to load larger portfolio images (so that the images are crisp when columns are stacked on an iPhone for example). Looking at:

/* THUMBNAIL SIZES
    ================================================== */
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 220, 150, true);
    add_image_size( ‘widget-image’, 94, 70, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-square’, 250, 250, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image’, 600, 450, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image-twocol’, 900, 675, true);
    add_image_size( ‘thumb-image-onecol’, 1800, 1200, true);
    add_image_size( ‘blog-image’, 1280, 9999);
    add_image_size( ‘full-width-image-gallery’, 1280, 720, true);

Which values need to be increased to up the display quality? I assume that theme updates will overwrite my custom values, so would it be preferable to set up a child theme for these types of changes?

Thank you!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please explain your issue with screenshots. For which pages URL do you need this customization ?

Thanks

FruitbatDesign

Hi Mohammad,

I am trying to customize the appearance of portfolio gallery pages that display thumbnails (3 and 4 column).
    Screenshot attached – you will see that for the last thumbnail on the first row and the last thumbnail on the second row, the thumbnail is a different size (slightly less height).

Mohammad – SUPPORT

HI,
    Please share site URL so i can get easily .
    Thanks
    With Best regards
    Swift Ideas

FruitbatDesign
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please go to Admin -> Theme Options -> Custom CSS => Here put this code and update options
    figure.animated-overlay img{width:420px !important; height:315px !important;}
    Cheers! 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

FruitbatDesign

Hello,

That does not work at all. For one, you are forcing a width regardless of the browser size, resulting in severely distorted images. I don’t want to stretch images and distort the proportions. I am trying to crop images so that they are all the same size.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, if you want to crop you will want to look for a php solution, as you cannot crop with css. Feel free to hire a developer of your trust for modifications to the php code!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register