New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Custom CSS wiped out when changing domain name – PLEASE HELP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    aaustin69

Hello, I wanted to change my domain name on the website I am building. I called GoDaddy and they helped me change to the new domain. After the changes were made, I noticed that all off the Custom CSS in my General Themes Options has been wiped out.

I have no idea how this could have happened?? All I did is switch to another domain name for the website. I have a backup of the site from about a month ago (using a backup plugin). Would this have kept the code from the Custom CSS? I have made several changes since then, but it has taken me months to figure out all of the Custom CSS code so I would really hate to loose this info.

Any advise would be helpful.

aaustin69

Hello, I was able to get GoDaddy to restore my previous domain and all of the data and retrieve my css code. FYI, when I moved domains they recommended I install a plugin called ‘Search and Replace’ to make sure all of the links were going to the new domain. It was this plugin that wiped out all of my CSS code, along with a few other settings. Just thought you should know in case anyone else uses this.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok glad you got it sorted! And thanks for the warning

– Kyle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register