New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Custom CSS problems with theme update 2.33

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    dirkmol

Hi,

We noticed Cardinal 2.33 has a lot of rewritten HTML and CSS files. This makes our custom CSS useless (it needs to be rewritten also). Therefore we cannot upgrade, as we do not want to change our design and it’s not really doable to compare both versions. What do you suggest would be the best solution? We would like to keep updating with the latest versions, also in the future, with maybe some major updates coming up.

See attachments for some design changes and errors regarding your theme update I got from our developers site.

Hope to hear from you!
    Dirk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

What version are you upgrading from?

You would need to task your developers with updating the CSS selectors to match the new markup, the CSS should still work once the CSS selectors are changed.

Thanks,
    David.

dirkmol

Hi,
    We are upgrading from 2.32 to 2.33.

What you are saying is a lot of work, says my developer (= costs for me). He has to check all html tags and compare them with the CSS. Can you point out exactly where/what changes are made, so it will take us less time.

Hope you can help!
    Cheers,
    Dirk

David Martin – Support

Hi Dirk,

At a glance at the public changelog, no Woo files were updated: http://cardinal.swiftideas.com/documentation/changelog/.

I am just checking now with the lead developer to see if I can get a comprehensive list of modded files, will report back.

Thanks.

dirkmol

Hi there,

It’s been another week and still heard nothing. This is a big issue for us. You changed code without notifying it and for that we cannot stay updated in the future. Please give us a solution, thanks in advance. See my former posts to check the issues. Hope you can help soon!

cheers,
    Dirk

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    My colleague will assist you shortly.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

David Martin – Support

Here are the changed files:

comments.php
    css/responsive.css
    css/sf-woocommerce.css
    includes/plugin-includes.php
    includes/sf-custom-styles.php
    js/functions.js
    js/functions.min.js
    js/sf-customizer.js
    swift-framework/content/sf-products.php
    swift-framework/core/sf-base.php
    includes/plugin-includes.php
    js/functions.js
    js/functions.min.js
    style.css

Thanks.

dirkmol

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn’t help much. Let me try and explain again, and hopefully you can come with a solution.

Due to code changes you made we cannot update the Cardinal theme to version 2.33, because our custom CSS needs to be rewritten. It is a lot of work to find all changes you made, which costs me a lot of developers money. It is a theme we bought and if you make changes that effect the looks of our website (without announcements), to me it seems fair you fix those problems for us. So, can you rewrite our custom CSS files so we can keep updating to future versions of Cardinal?

Thanks in advance for your help. Please reply so we can give you the login of our development site.
    Cheers,
    Dirk

David Martin – Support

Hi Dirk,

As you have modified the theme beyond it’s initial functionality, the responsibility to keep it current with our updates is the responsibility of you or your developers.

Releasing improvements and tweaks is part of a product’s development lifecycle, with the end goal of constantly improving upon the initial release.

– What is your developer asking of you out of interest, it should not take long to use a Diff tool to observe the differences between the listed updated files and the ones they edited.

Thanks.

hesani84
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

@hesani84 – in the future please start your own thread so we can assist you better. What are you looking to change?

1) What CSS are you referring to, there is nothing supplied within this thread?

2) I’ll need a password to view your site.

Thanks.

hesani84
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Your password is still not correct.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

hesani84

Ok, I just made it public.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

The over font for the homepage overlay font size would be this CSS:

.minimal-design .thumb-info h4 {
        font-size: 28px;
    }

To change the font family, do this from within your Theme Options => Fonts option.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register