New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Custom CSS background shows old background when reloading

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Joanna

Hi there,

I would like to kindly ask you for help. I added custom CSS (in the custom CSS tab) to change the website background. However, now when I reload the website it still kind of flashes the underlying CSS with the white background.

What could be the reason?

Thank you,

Joanna

David Martin – Support

We will need a URL.

Thanks,
    David.

Joanna
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It’s the necessary time to load the png of the background that causes that flash.
    It has 94k, can you lower that size by reducing the resolution or cropping a bit the image.

-Rui

Joanna

I resized the pattern from 94k to 4kb but the white bg still shows when reloading.

Thank you,

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Not sure if it’s possible to avoid that. Will forward to our head developer to see if it’s possible.

-Rui

Joanna

Thank you! That would be really nice!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I thought that it was already assigned by it wasn’t. I just assigned it now.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The issue will be that this is the time it takes for the image to load. Maybe try using WP Super Cache, or reducing the page weight so that the image is downloaded quicker.

– Ed

Joanna

Hi there,

Thank you for help. I have already resized the image to 4kb. Would you recommend for it to be even smaller? If yes then what would be the maximum size you would recommend.

For cache I have installed WP Super Cache but the issue still shows.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

At the moment I can’t see it anymore. You should reduce it to the maximum possible without losing the expected quality.

-Rui

Joanna

Strangely, I can still see it here. It is like a 1-2 sec white flash before the pattern loads.

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I checked again and can’t see it.

-Rui

Joanna

I did not manage to catch the screenshot but I managed to make short video. You can see the white screen when loading the website for the first time and when switching between specific pages. I am using Chrome browser. I tried also in Firefox and Safari and I can see the same problem.

I also tested my website for loading speed and it says everything loads fast enough around 2-3 seconds and it scored B so I am not sure what could be the problem on my side.

I was not able to upload the video here. You can find it on this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmtcnhzw3s6pnn8/Loading-Error.mov.zip?dl=0

The same thing is happening for me on the mobile phone.

When I logout of the WordPress it is much better but on the mobile phone I can still see quite a 2 seconds white page.

Thank you,

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register