Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    joshsalway

Hi

I’m trying to crop images however the plugin I have installed doesn’t work.

How can I resize thumbnails as you can see on this page it has not been cropped correctly?
    http://clients.salwaydesigns.com.au/salwaydesigns/

Please let me know what can be done.

– Josh

Ben – SUPPORT

I’m not 100% sure on how the plugin would work but I image it works out the ratio of height and width then sets the height to what you can see and works the width out from it, squashing the width in would make the image look off and if you set it the other way around for example to a certain width the height will always be different.

I’ll try and get ed in here to shine some light on this

Thanks
    -Ben

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

What plugin are you using? Our image resizer script uses the standard WordPress crop, so you may need to change what WordPress does by default (it crops from the center).

You could check this post – http://stephanis.info/2012/06/how-to-change-post-thumbnail-crop-position-in-wordpress-without-hacking-core/

– Ed

joshsalway

I tried using Post Thumbnail Editor and it didn’t work how are we meant to add a images that is 1920 pixel wide and can’t pick part of the image for a square thumbnail? The plugin is resizing however it isn’t using the image on the theme why?

Ben – SUPPORT

Have you tried looking at other plugins? Google Search

– Ben

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

It’s likely as we don’t use the standard post thumbnail output from WordPress – we use a resizing script that has much more flexibility.

If you want to provide a specific image for the thumbnail, that’s why we provide the option to have a different image set for thumbnail and detail.

– Ed

joshsalway

Thanks, However how do I modify the theme to show the featured image instead of the blog? Eg. long image for this page?
    http://clients.salwaydesigns.com.au/salwaydesigns/blog/

Thumbnail for home page?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You can’t set two different thumbnail images unfortunately, both assets will use the same setup.

– Ed

joshsalway

How can I modify the theme PHP to:

– Use Full Image for Blog… Instead of Thumbnail. (eg. Blog.php)

joshsalway

Ok, I should have said.

I was unable to resize the logo on the front page because.

Theme Support wasn’t added for:
    add_image_size( 'thumb-info', 420, 315, true);

Add that to functions.php to fix bug.

joshsalway

Thumb image does not work properly after lots of time looking to how it works. It simple does not work.

All I wanted was a thumbnail image for home page and related articles. And I full size 1920 x 450 image for the blog page and the full featured image for the actual article.

joshsalway

If anyone wants to help please email me at [email protected] to sort out thumbnail not working.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Are you using the post meta options?

You have options there to set a thumbnail image which appears in the blog list, and then a detail image which appears on the single post page.

– Ed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register