New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Creating a Child Theme for Neighborhood v2.16

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    payokun

Good day;

I had just installed and updated my Neighborhood theme to v2.16 using WordPress 4.1.1. and I am about to start customizing it and uploading products so that it works as an online shop. Basically I’m gonna play with the theme for the first time, I’m very excited, your theme is beautiful work.

I am not too saavy but I read that it is recommended to use child themes so that in the future my changes wont be affected if a new update comes out. Therefore I turn to you for advice on what to do.

I do have the Neighborhood-child folder and files but those are from the previous version 2.10 that I downloaded from Envato when I first purchased the theme. So I assume those are no longer useful anymore so I have not uploaded them, I only have the v2.16 theme already activated.

Can you please kindly provide steps to follow?
    Thank you and best regards!!

Can you please tell me

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

The child theme from any version will work, you just need the style.css file and the functions.php file. You’ll only need a child theme if you’re editing the theme’s css and functions.

Just upload the child theme zip as a theme and activate it

– Kyle

payokun

Ok I did it without any issues. Thank you so much for your help Kyle.! 😉

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great, no problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register