New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Create user account at checkout: Not user friendly at all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    abo

Hello

We have a request for creating a user account at checkout:
    The entered data by the user (Username validation, and Password matching) is not checked when the button “And we are done!” is clicked. The user keeps on filling in his data, at the end he hits “Place order” and just then appears the information that username is not valid and the password confirmation does not match.

This irritates, resulting some shoppers leave.

Please, please, update the theme to check username and password matching at this stage!

It would be good as well to not let a user move on if the Billing & Shipping information is not entered correctly, as the final validation happens at the end when “Place order” is hit, resulting in going back. SOme users just don’t get it to click on the links in the stage indication at the top.

All this makes sense, not?

Looking forward for your feedback.

Cheers,
    Aldo

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’ll gladly forward this request to the developer of the theme. Cheers!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Aldo,

This is actually standard WooCommerce functionality, we don’t change how the form works. We will add this to the wishlist for possible improvement.

– Ed

rene.appeldoorn

+1 Would be nice to smoothen the checkout process. Thanks in advance!

oytamuah

+1 Pleeease make this happen. I can’t believe WooCommerce would make a huge design flaw like this, I don’t even want to imagine the conversion loss due to this.

(I’ve seen some super basic WooCommerce themes who have one page for checkout, is it possible to revert to something like this in the meanwhile?)

ad

I second the opinion , hope th check out can be more easy

myuption

+1 here :p

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

abo

Can you tell us if you plan to add this and if yes any possible release date?
    Otherwise we will start to build this…

Melanie – SUPPORT

Feel free to develop it on your own, as we don’t have any concrete plans.

ksprague

I posted the same comment in a different thread, but in case you are only following this one, I’ll post it again:

I disagree with Swift’s assertion that this is standard WooCommerce functionality. We have several WooCommerce sites, and only the one using the Neighborhood theme has this issue. I think because on a standard WC installation, the checkout info is all on a single page. The Neighborhood theme appears to override the standard WC templates.

abo

I confirm.
    Swift’s response is not correct.
    This is not a WooCommerce specific issue.

ad
    This reply has been marked as private.
    abo

@ad: There is a link at the bottom right corner of the last comment “Unsubscribe”.

Just to know what is bad about constructive criticism?
    And to be more polite in the future, what was “rough” in my last post?

Appreciate your feedback, ad.

Cheers,
    Aldo

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we’re going to add the option of a one page checkout to the theme options panel in the next update – so that you can choose whether you’d like it to be one page, or the existing tabbed design.

Thanks for the feedback.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register