New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Create Custom Pagebuilder Asset in Child Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    eloqueno

Hi there!

How would you add a custom page builder asset in a child theme? I do not want to alter the spb-includes.php or add files to the dante ‘shortcodes’ directory, because updates to dante might alter those files.

On ‘admin_init’ I tried to create a custom page builder asset and used the ‘SPBMap::map’ function to add it. It is showing in the ‘Elements’ – section, but it is not working properly. The admin view of the page isn’t generating a block for the shortcode, if I add it to the site.

If I take my custom asset and add it to dante (parent theme) via the spb-includes.php file, everything is working as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is already a advanced customization. Adding a custom page builder asset is a change that is made already inside the swift framework code.

That is not 100% prepared to be extended in a child theme(it’s also not suppose to). Better to stick with the changes that don’t work in the childtheme inside the parent theme.

-Rui

Jide

It’s been almost a year but this is for anyone who might find this useful.

I had a similar situation and unfortunately had to place my modifications in the parent theme.

What I did was to have a folder with files I want to update with the same structure as the parent but with only my modified files then merge it in the parent theme folder.

And before any update, use a tool to check for differences between your version and the update in case your the files you modified have been updated.

If they are, make the necessary updates to your files.

If they aren’t, merge the folder again after the update.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You can use this Winmerge and Kdiff software to check the file difference. Hope it should help to you.

Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register