New Landing How can we help? Countdown clock in RTL

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    Anya

Hi there, I am wondering how I can translate the countdown clock elements – hours, seconds, minutes, and days into Arabic? I use Polylang plugin. thank you in advance

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Since that is done with javascript try this plugin.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/real-time-find-and-replace/

-Rui

Anya

Thank you, could you elaborate please? What do I replace? I am not a javascript guru, so need more help with this, if possible. 🙂

Anya

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You don’t have to do anything with Javascript.
    Using that plugin you can replace the words like ‘hours’, ‘minutes’ by the desired words.

-Rui

Anya

“Using that plugin you can replace the words like ‘hours’, ‘minutes’ by the desired words” – replace where? can you give me some direction please of where I need to replace and how.

thank you

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

check the plugin page screnshoots. The plugin only does that, replace the text on the left by the text on the right.
    https://ps.w.org/real-time-find-and-replace/assets/screenshot-1.jpg?rev=1313778

-Rui

Anya

Sorry, I don’t think you understand me, or I don’t understand you. When I type “year” in the left box and replace it with an Arabic word for year, and do the same for seconds, minutes, etc: 1. the countdown clock becomes broken and stops working completely. 2. it affects both the Arabic and the English versions of the website. I only want the change to apply to the Arabic site. Please advice.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I think it can be related to the arabic characters could break the Javascript execution. Let me forward this to the development team to see if there is any additional.

In the meantime have a look at this article maybe one this works fine with arabic words.
    https://wpdean.com/wordpress-countdown-timer-plugins/

-Rui

Anya

thank you

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Anya,

If it breaks then it’s likely because the script used doesn’t support the characters, unfortunately. We’ll look into this for updates but for now, we would recommend trying another plugin.

Apologies we couldn’t be more help on this.

– Ed

Anya

Ok, thank you for your response. I received an email from Envato that a new update for Uplift is available, but I can’t see the update, just the option to download the original theme. Was this email sent by mistake? Or am I missing something?

Anya

Sorry, ignore this please. The update was for another theme..

David Martin – Support

Ok, closing the ticket.

Thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register