New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Control which portfolio item shows up on "show next"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    emilnau

Hi,
    I’m creating an artist website for myself and have divided my work into Projects and Drawings. These two are parent portfolio categories. Within each of them, there are several – on the site – visible categories.

When you click the first project under Projects (called “A closer look”) an arrow shows up to the far right. This arrow leads to “the next portfolio item” (named “Vespa”). The problem is that this second item belongs to the second parent category. I would like this right arrow to only link to items belonging to parent category “Projects”.

Is this possible?

Thanks a bunch!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

At the moment it’s not possible because it doesn’t work like that has default.

But since the next item is displayed based on date/time you can reorder the portfolio items by category order avoiding jumping in categories.

Try to use this plugin.

Post Types Order

Hope it helps.

Will also forward this suggestion for the development team.

-Rui

emilnau

Thanks Rui!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem.
    -Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

There is already an option built in for this, just check Theme Options > Custom Post Type Options > Enable Category Navigation

– Ed

emilnau

Hi Ed,

That’s the thing, I’ve already activated this Category Navigation. But it still won’t do the trick.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ahh apologies. Just updated this to take notice of this option. If you need the update sooner, let us know and I’ll provide it here for you.

– Ed

emilnau

You mean this will be fixed in the next update of the theme? I would love that update sooner if it’s possible!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Yes it will be fixed in the next update.
    Will forward again to Ed so he can reply with the fixed theme build for you.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    emilnau

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

emilnau

Hi,

I’m noticing that this issue still is not resolved. My own page, but also a client’s page: http://dalaspeak.se/?page_id=19
    Latest Joyn update and the checkbox for Category Navigation ticked. How can I resolve this matter?

Thank you,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You are using an extremely outdated version of the theme. Please download again from ThemeForest and use the latest theme version.

– Ed

emilnau

Point taken. I have now updated to the latest Joyn version, but the issue is still not resolved.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register