New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Content missing from page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    limechilli

Hi

When we went to our site today – the home page looks all distorted (I dont have a screen grab but it was clear all the content was all over on the right hand side of the page)

So we updates swift themes plugin and as you can see its now all centered as it should be BUT there is a row of content missing completelt (Just under the slider)

So you know why this would be?

Thanks in advance

Lesley

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Lesley,

Please can you disable all plugins leaving only Swift Framework and WooCommerce active whilst we investigate?

limechilli

Thanks – Ive deactivated everything apart from Swift

Thanks

L

David Martin – Support

Your Rev Slider is now appearing, if you remove your custom CSS in your Theme Options your icon boxes will appear.

Thanks.

limechilli

HI

It wasnt the slider that there was an issue with – it only dissapeared because you asked for the plugins to be disabled.

The issue is that the first row of content (on the home page swift builder) wont appear – it did before and suddenly wont show.

The CSS was created to allow content to show differently but it all worked just fine before swoft updated – if I remove the CSS then I remove all the modifications.

Basically the css allowed the home paghe boxes to float up and over the slider slightly.

Thanks

Lesley

David Martin – Support

Hi Lesley,

You will need to remove your CSS rule by rule to find where the conflict exists within your modifications.

Thanks.

limechilli

If I remove the css relating the home page boxes then the boxes appear (the content in the first row).

However this is where the problem is – the css rule worked for the row before the swift builder updated.

Sicne the update, the css for that section causes it to not appear (the whole row).

So – poreviously (before swift update) the css worked.

Since update – the css caused the home page row (first row) to not appear at all.

Do you see the issue? Why would updating swift builder cause a previously working css to suddenly not work?

This is our css

@media only screen and (min-width: 600px) {
    .homeboxes {
    position: absolute;
    margin-top: -50px !important;
    text-align: center;
    float: none;
    z-index: 9999;
    height: auto;
    min-height: 47px;
    }

.homeboxes1 {
    margin-top: 450px !important;
    }

.homeboxes2 {

}
    }

David Martin – Support

We have recently been working on improvements to the Page Builder so likely our new tweaks have changed a class or CSS rule that conflicts with yours.

To debug your further, add it back in and remove each CSS rule, one at a time each time re-testing.

limechilli

I already did this before replying – the css in place works fine just now – but If I add this (below – which worked previouslY) it no longer shows the row
    AND THIS I.

Please advise as we cant have changes to swift causing work we have done not to show. Sort of defeats the purpose 🙂

Edit: removed.

David Martin – Support

We cannot support your custom CSS, you will need to locate the issue.

Thanks.

limechilli

It is a change you have made, at your end, which caused my previously working css to not work…

David Martin – Support

Sure, but we cannot be responsible for your own modifications. Modifications are made at your own doing and you need to maintain them in line with theme/plugin updates.

Simply debug the CSS above as I described to locate the issue.

limechilli

I think this is pretty poor that you would activate changes knowing they can / do cause conflict and then not be willing to resolve.

David Martin – Support

We have not done anything knowingly that would cause an issue.

Please remove your CSS bit by bit and you will see where the issue is.

Thanks.

limechilli

“We have recently been working on improvements to the Page Builder so likely our new tweaks have changed a class or CSS rule that conflicts with yours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register