New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Contact Forms will not send an email

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Red

Hi Ed and Cosmin,

I’ve never had this problem before — I can’t get a contact form to work from the site I’m designing.

I’ve tried Contact Form 7, Formidable Forms, Visual Form Builder, and even Gravity Forms… but when I send a test email, even though each one says the form was successfully submitted, I never get the email.

Any ideas??? I need to use a contact form with radio buttons; do you know of a contact form that works well with your theme, or is it another issue perhaps?

Thank you,

Red

Ben – SUPPORT

Hey Red,

Have you checked your spam box? Also you might want to try a different mail provider just to see if it helps.

If you log into your FTP there will be an errorlog if something has been going wrong, if there is one could you post a few lines and we can try and get to the issue.

Regards,
    -Ben

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Red,

Contact Form 7 should work out the box. What message do you get when the form is sent?

– Ed

Red

Hi Ed and Ben,

Using Contact Form 7, I just used Yahoo mail instead of gmail, but still nothing (and not in spam, either).

The message I get after submitting the form is “Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.”

I will check the ftp error log and get back in touch.

Thank you so much for your help so far!

Red

Red

Hello again,

I also have your FlexForm theme, and I just tried testing Contact Form 7 and have no problems getting an email. This site is hosted by BlueHost; the other site where the form isn’t working is hosted by DreamHost. I don’t know if that makes a difference, but thought it might help.

Thank you,

Red

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey guys,

Some hosts are always a nightmare when it comes to some PHP settings. Have any of you tried the WP SMTP plugin?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Red

Hi Guys,

Yes, I have tried the WP SMTP plugin.

Red

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Red,

If no plugin works to send an email from your site, it’s clearly an issue with the host, especially since not even WP SMTP can fix it.

Just remembered that a friend was recently told by Dreamhost something that can be summarized like this: “the “FROM” email address used when sending mail with PHP needs to be a local address” – which is one of the highest levels of stupidity I can imagine (don’t know how Dreamhost expects other people outside your domain to contact you from your site).

Can you please check this email issue with them and try to see if they mention anything about what I just described?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Red

Thanks, Cosmin, I will check with DreamHost. They seem to have a lot of fans, but I haven’t liked too much about them so far!

Red

DreamHost is the culprit!

I haven’t tried the fix yet. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Thanks very much for your help!

Red

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Sorry to hear that, Red 🙁

If you need shared hosting recommendations, I’ve had a wonderful experience with THIS* Web Host, might wanna check them out.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register