New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Conflict with Membership 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    andrewbatson

Hello,

I’ve created a site using the Flexform theme with a child of it. I’m using the Membership 2 plugin from WPMUDEV to have a members/subscriptions on my site.

When user attempt to sign up for an account the registration doesn’t work. It gives error when they are putting in the password choice.

After investigation by the plugin developers, they found there seems to be a conflict with Flexform theme header.php. This is what they sent me:
    Hello KerplunkDesign,

I found culprit that is preventing from registration. It is login form at the top bar that is causing this error. So this is theme conflict. I was able to replicate this issue on my site using your theme. I suggest you report that on their support forum as it is paid theme.
    This is code that broke registration (header.php file) line 253

<div id=”header-login” class=”clearfix”>

if you want you can temporary use Membership login form there by replacing this code with this one in your child theme header.php file:

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[ms-membership-login]’); ?>

How can I resolve this issue with out using “temporary” code?
    Why do the theme and plugin conflict?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Andy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Placing their code into your header.php file as instructed will fix the issue as it will be overriding the parent theme header.php.

It looks like they meant to post more code in screenshot 1 but the code got removed. I’d follow up and ask them what they were trying to post.

– David.

andrewbatson

Hello,

Yes, there was more code in that box. It was indented significantly. This is the full code they posted from line 253 of the parent header.php:

<form action=”<?php echo wp_login_url(); ?>” autocomplete=”off” method=”post” class=”clearfix”>
    <label for=”username”>Username</label>
    <input type=”text” name=”log” id=”username” value=”” placeholder=”<?php _e(“Username”, “swiftframework”); ?>” size=”20″ />
    <label for=”username”>Password</label>
    <input type=”password” name=”pwd” id=”password” placeholder=”<?php _e(“Password”, “swiftframework”); ?>” size=”20″ />
    <input type=”submit” name=”submit” value=”Login” id=”submit” class=”sf-button slightlyrounded accent”/>
    <div class=”link-wrap”>
    ” class=”register”><?php _e(“Register”, “swiftframework”); ?>
    <span> / </span>
    /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword” class=”recover-password”><?php _e(“Forgot login?”, “swiftframework”); ?>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>

To make sure, if I replace with the single line of code they provided into where this code is in the child header.php, then it should override the parent file and the register should work? Also, should that line of code be with in the div? Looking like this?

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[ms-membership-login]’); ?>
    </div>

Thanks for your help!

David Martin – Support

No problem, please use what they provided and test it further. Yes, keep the div as is.

Thanks.

andrewbatson

This did the trick.

Thank you!

David Martin – Support

Great, glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register