New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Color Scheme Options & Color Customizer – NOT overwritting CSS in chid theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    kingrobb

Hello again –
    Site: http://icancanopy.com
    Initially I used the Color Customizer to set up my color scheme but I needed to make many more changes than that to the CSS. So I activated the child theme and started adding extra css. But I have found that in some cases that CSS is being overwritten by CSS that is being dropped into the page source by the theme. I assumed this was from the “Color Scheme Options” settings and so I created a blank color scheme and imported and activated it. This did not help. In fact my old color scheme still was present – some how. I know I could get around this by using !important in my CSS but that is a last resort option. Does this CSS have to be embedded into the source page? Is there an option to remove it that I haven’t found yet, a way to select no color scheme? Please help.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The CSS is embedded to the page for performance. It’s the best method for it.

If you’d like to override this with child theme css, then simply adding a !important declaration will do it.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

kingrobb

I guess this helps me to understand – a bit. But it does make it harder to style the theme with extra css. I have purchased over 20 themes and most only inject a bit of last minute CSS – usually the custom css added in the theme options. So, I would ask you please consider the option of turning this off. I could for example, export the customized color scheme I originally created and add that to my child theme css. Then I have control over the CSS without having to force !important. Just a thought.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

This is why we provide the custom css box, to override the custom colouriser css. It also stays with updates.

We’ve tested various methods of doing this, and we’re certain it’s the best way to do it.

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register