New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Cloudflare rocket loader and page navigation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Frankytank

Hey!

I’ve tried a lot of things and I think I’ve come to a dead end on this.

When I activate cloudflare rocket loader on http://kinesante.ca/ the page navigation becomes very slow in chrome. If I navigate go too fast down or up on the webpage, the screen becomes grey and after a while the wepbage reappears.

I’ve tried a lot of different combinations: security off, all plugins off, caching level from cloudflare to basic… nothing work. With a different theme the page navigation seems to be ok.

Did you ever heard about it? I think that there is some JS ressources that don’t work with rocket loader…

Thanks!

Frankytank

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your site doesn’t have any error in the javascript console. But it seems very slow.
    Did you try the site without Cloudflare?

Also it can be something related to your hosting company.

Best Regards,
    Rui

Frankytank

Hi Rui,

Thanks for your answer.

When I turn Rocket Loader to off, the pages go back to their normal behavior, when I turn it on it start to slow down again.

It is related to dante theme because with another theme it don’t make the same thing.

Description of rocket loader :
    Rocket Loader is a general-purpose asynchronous JavaScript loader coupled with a lightweight virtual browser which can safely run any JavaScript code after window.onload.

My question is, what JS code could make this happen?

Thanks!

Francois

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Francois,

Unfortunately performance options often require configuration to make them work well, and we can’t support every type, they all work in different ways.

I’ll try and set aside some time when possible to investigate a little further with RocketLoader, as I do like CloudFlare as a solution.

– Ed

Frankytank

Hi Ed,

I know that you can’t support everything, there is a lot of tools out there.

I’ll try to load every JS ressources one after the other with the cloudflare manual setting and if I find the one that cause this bug I’ll report it here..

Have a nice day!

Frankytank

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Frankytank. I’d hazard a guess it’s something in /js/functions.js

– Ed

Frankytank

Hi,

Well, even in manual mode, without any JS loaded, the problem comes back.

I’ve open a ticket over there to see if I can do anything… Could be long to have an answer since I have don’t have a business plan.

Frankytank

Here is the answer from cloudflare…

I think I just need to forget about rocket loader… I was saving 400ms with it, not so much of a big deal..

Max (CloudFlare)
    Jun 27 12:07 PM

Hi Francois,

Rocket Loader is currently a beta feature that may speed up the loading of your domain depending on the connection. In most cases where a visitor is accessing the domain from a computer, the internet connection is fast and reliable enough that using Rocket Loader won’t make much of a performance difference unless there are many external JavaScript resources. The reason being is that these resources are cached by CloudFlare by default if they’re hosted on the same domain and are likely cached by other services, such as Google if hosted externally, and are delivered quickly to the visitor.

Rocket Loader attempts to reduce load times by bundling external js resources together and sending them to the visitor in one or a few requests. This does add a bit of processing on our end as well as in the browser to bundle and then un bundle these resources. In some cases, performance is better by simply allowing js resources to be served from the cache. Experimenting by enabling and disabling Rocket Loader is the best way to determine if bundling these resources is better for your site’s performance or not.

In your case, you report better performance with Rocket Loader disabled, so it may be for the best to use CloudFlare without Rocket Loader at this time.

Max
    Support Engineer

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully they fix up the remaining issues and bring it out of beta soon – it’s definitely a great feature.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register