New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Clickable Icons in version 1.2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    type2designs

Hey Guys

I recently upgraded to version 1.2. Love the theme, but is it possible to make the icons and iconboxes clickable as to link to a page for example? Thanks.

Jordan

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,

We just released Theme Version 1.5 , Please update . Yes you can use the shortcode generator the small wheel icon in the ‘Classic Editor’ Mode and wrap an anchor tag around it to link it. Something like this

<a href="http://yoursite.com/yourpage">[sf_iconbox image="ss-raisedhand" character="" type="animated" title="Sup" animation="fade-from-right" animation_delay="200"]
    Enter your Icon Box content here
    [/sf_iconbox]

Hope this Helps.

-Tahir

type2designs

unfortunately all that does is add the href in plain text above the icon box instead of making the actually icon box the link. Any other suggestions?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Before adding the link, switch off the swift editor and change to Text mode. Then you can add the link.

Cheers

type2designs

that still does the same thing. The only thing that wrapping the iconbox in an ahref does is add the href above the icon. I want to make the icon clickable do you have another solution, should i put it as some sort of value inside the iconbox shortcode? Thanks

Melanie – SUPPORT

Oh, you would need to modify the shortcode’s php code to do that, sorry!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We don’t have a clickable solution as of yet, but we may consider it in the future.

Thanks,

– Ed

Ken

Hi guys,

I’ve read quite a few comments on the forum for clickable icon boxes – something I wanted to do myself as well.

Tahir’s solution of wrapping the icon box in an href tag does work for me.
    I think a possible reason that the solution wasn’t working for @type2designs is that in Tahir’s posted solution above there is no closing tag. Plus this only works in classic text not classic visual mode. If you use classic visual you will end up with the href above the icon as @type2designs discovered earlier.

I added in that closing tag and it works perfectly. A super easy work around. For reference I have pasted my code below so that it’s easy to see where the tag must go.

A few notes
    >This MUST be done in the classic editor in TEXT mode, not in visual mode.
    >The theme will prompt the following warning when returning to swift page builder mode “By switching to the page builder, any content not in page builder assets will be removed for consistency” – I have clicked yes here to no ill effects (perhaps Ed will tell me I’m about to break his whole theme ๐Ÿ˜€ )
    >If you do this with an animated icon box, the entire box becomes a clickable link – pretty cool
    >It works with the animated fade in
    >If you go back and edit your icon box in the swift page builder for whatever reason, the builder will update the code deleting your href and you will have to go back to the classic editor and do it again. Remember the text mode not visual mode – source of endless frustration for me ๐Ÿ˜€

<a href="http://yoursite.com/yourpage">[spb_icon_box box_type="standard" image="ss-flag" color="standard" animation="none" animation_delay="0" width="1/1" el_position="first last"]</a> clickable box icon [/spb_icon_box]

Kyle – SUPPORT

Great, thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register