Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Allan,

You can find it within the main download from ThemeForest, under Theme Files.

If you add it then you can make customisations within the child theme, that will remain when you update.

– Ed

allanrd

hi ed,

Sorry to be so thick…  I am not quite getting it.   I have attached a image grab of my download file expanded and my html directory on my godaddy server.  My assumption is that the lowercase “pinpoint” folder is the child directory.

I see the Demo content nested in the Pinpoint 1.4 directory.  Where do I move the demo content to and which files go where.  re the content xml’s and the theme options.

Thanks so much.

Allan

allanrd

I have to be honest,  your customer support is pretty bad.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Allan.

You initially replied just over 12 hours ago. Our support policy is from Monday-Friday, and I’m now helping you on the weekend. I think it’s very unfair for you to say that.

You shouldn’t have uploaded Pinpoint_v1.4 to the themes folder, as this is the main download. Within there, you should only have “pinpoint” and “pinpoint-child”. The child theme is available within the latest version (v1.5), but I’ve also attached a zip of it here for your convenience.

– Ed

AuthenticUK

Thanks Cosmin, apologies we’ve been on the road for a while. Our changes to the site are just a couple of SEO tweaks to the team and portfolio section URLs… So we’ll update the theme and make the changes again and hopefully be good to go going forward.

AuthenticUK

Thanks for the theme – this comes up ok – but it didn’t pick up the files I wanted to preserve.

I set up copies of includes>custom-post-types>portfolio-type.php
    and includes>custom-post-types>team-type.php

But they weren’t detected. I’ve manually edited the theme (but was hoping not to have to worry about this again – hence the purpose of having the child).

Any ideas?

Cheers J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The post types are included via the parent theme’s functions.php lines 19-24. You’d need to update these paths to target the child theme.

– Ed

AuthenticUK

Isn’t the point of the child theme that any changed files are included on the child? Otherwise (I’m assuming) when the next upgrade comes those paths will be lost. Correct?

xzxneon

Support staff please reply this thread

Isn’t the point of the child theme that any changed files are included on the child? Otherwise (I’m assuming) when the next upgrade comes those paths will be lost. Correct?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That is correct. We’re looking into better ways to set this up for future updates, so that it’s possible to overwrite these includes with child theme functions.

That way you would only need to update the child theme functions.php file.

Will see what I can do about getting this into the next update.

– Ed

AuthenticUK

Thanks – having this set-up would be a big + for your template.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register